If Only D'Souza Were Right

Draggingtree

If-Only-DSouza-Were-RightLudwig von Mises Institute:

If Only D'Souza Were Right

Mises Daily:Monday, September 03, 2012 by Gary North

Obama2016.jpg

I went to see 2016: Obama's America. Dinesh D'Souza wrote, stars in, directed, narrates, and did the original research for it. If we look at this from the point of view of its success as a documentary, I think it is effective. It is making money in theaters. This is amazing for a documentary. It is a campaign-year documentary, and it is a good one.

It is also dead wrong. That is because it misses the fundamental political fact of the last dozen years: the Obama administration is the operational successor of the Bush administration. In Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Guantanamo, on Wall Street, Barack Obama is George W. Bush in blackface. Obama is the star of a 21-century minstrel show.

This fact has been deliberately ignored for almost four years by both the neoconservative Right and the grin-and-bear-it Left. Neither side will admit what I regard as the fundamental fact of this documentary. It is a long whitewash of Scissors-32x32.png

Here is the thing we should always keep in mind about Dinesh D'Souza, he is and always has been controversial both to the Left and a large pert of the Right. I see this as a good thing, as it causes people to actually think, question what they believe, and why they believe it.

We should also remember the Ludwig von Mises Institute represents a strong Libertarian position, sometimes that agrees with The Right, sometimes it doesn't.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

Nothing against North but he tends to be a little anal in his economics and religious passions.

Remember his Y2K? Well, it COULD have been catastrophic ..........but it was not.

As for the movie I have not seen it yet but I think the whole point is to expose the radical ideological perspectives and world view that threatens America and not to be an exposé on the Illuminati or the Knights of Templar or the Tri Lateral Commission -and it is certainly not meant to be pro Ron Paul and anti the Federal Reserve.

( though we all could have hoped it would be anti Pelosi and Reid , LOL)

Jeremiah Wright Rates A Second Look In The Light Of D’Souza’s 2016

Posted on | September 10, 2012 |

by Smitty

Red State serves the mix:

If we’re subscribing to the 2016 thesis that BHO Junior is informed by Senior’s anti-colonial politics, then Jeremiah Wright’s black liberation theology dovetails nicely with the anti-Colonialism to demonize the United States and offer the country up as a target for punishment. That’s a fairly crude and simplistic connection of dots. Let’s call it a theory for now, and see how much explanatory power the idea has with respect to Obama’s record, for example, acting as a roadblock to the Keystone XL pipeline.

Generalizing a bit, Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://theothermccain.com/2012/09/10/jeremiah-wright-rates-a-second-look-in-the-light-of-dsouzas-2016/

• 2 weeks later...

Will Dinesh D'Souza Save the World from Obama?

By Roger L Simon

Has the world turned into a giant promo for Dinesh D’Souza’s film 2016: Obama’s America?

I would assume so since the events of the last week or so appear almost constructed to prove the key point of his movie — that Barack Obama’s foreign policy, indeed his basic value system, is motivated by a rehash of 1960s-1970s era anti-colonialism with the USA as perpetual bogeyman.

That anti-colonialism is the true dream of Obama’s father and also the ideology he had drilled into him from all sides nearly until adulthood.

googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1347323895031-4'); }); In D’Souza’s conception, that’s the core of Obama’s being. And it’s beginning to look as if the author and now filmmaker is right.

How else to explain the extraordinary seeming naïveté with which our evidently agnostic president has treated the Islamic world from the outset, acting as if completely oblivious, or more likely willfully oblivious, to the headlong plunge back into the Dark Ages being taken by countries as disparate as Egypt and Turkey. Iran had already taken the plunge back in 1979, but our president wanted to negotiate with them, still does apparently.

And he surrounds himself with shills Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://pjmedia.com/r...h-dsouza-obama/

Why Dinesh D’Souza Is right about the source of Obama’s rage

September 20, 2012 - 3:47 am - by David P. Goldman

Page 1 of 2 Next -> View as Single Page

There is a school of thought, ably represented by First Things editor R.R. Reno, that blames the leftward drift in American higher education for Barack Obama’s resentment of the United States, rather than his Third World upbringing. The estimable Dr. Reno, who is a friend and former colleague, called D’Souza’s film 2016 “misguided” in a recent post on the FT blog:

I was and remain unconvinced by the argument that Obama’s anti-colonialist father explains his governing mentality. By my reckoning, the emerging postmodern liberalism of Columbia University circa 1982 (where I was for a semester as a visiting student) explains Obama pretty well.

Not only do we not need to go to Kenya to find the sources of Obama’s worldview (the Ivy League will do just fine), but in fact the very realistic and at times cold-blooded sentiments of post-colonial Africans who wrested their futures out of the hands of their European masters cuts against the magical thinking that characterizes the sort of liberalism that the Obama White House represents.

Rusty’s got a point — I got a B.A. from Columbia a few years earlier at a time when you could read one book by Marx and one by Freud (as the joke went) and pass any course in the college. But D’Souza has a better point Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/09/20/dinesh-dsouza-is-right/