Where are Milwaukee’s “missing” black voters?

Valin

where-are-milwaukees-missing-black-votersHot Air:

Ed Morrissey

9/1/12

Are 60% of Milwaukee’s black voters from 2008 missing? That’s what a study from the New Organizing Institute claims, which estimates that as many as 160,000 black voters in the city from the last presidential election can no longer be found. Slate reports on this claim without any real skepticism or scrutiny, after noting NPR’s speculation that the housing crisis would cause Democrats more trouble in finding their voters:

This spring, the League of Young Voters, which was created to mobilize young minority communities, collaborated with the liberal Wisconsin Voices coalition to dispatch teams of young canvassers. Starting in April, they spent eight weeks knocking on 120,882 doors across 208 of Milwaukee’s 317 wards to raise awareness of the gubernatorial recall election scheduled for June. The doors had one thing in common: the voter file said they were all home to a registered voter whom a commercial data vendor had flagged as likely to be African-American.

But the voter file represented a fiction, or at least a reality that had rapidly become out of date. During those eight weeks, canvassers were able to successfully find and interact with only 31 percent of their targets. Twice that number were confirmed to no longer live at the address on file — either because a structure was abandoned or condemned, or if a current resident reported that the targeted voter no longer lived there.

(Snip)

What a real mystery!

Maybe they were never missing in the first place.

I find that difficult to believe a city like Milwaukee would ever be involved in something like this. I have given this a great deal of thought and there can be only one explanation...Alien Abduction.

• Like 2

I too share your optimism in the innate goodness of the Left@Valin

I suspect GW stashed their bodies in the 9th ward levees.

It could be we are both correct,

aliens9.jpg

ALIEN PAVES ROAD TO WHITE HOUSE for Governor Bush, because in past elections, the alien endorsement has been a critical factor -- perhaps the deciding factor!

Bush had his alien allies abduct them and take them to NO!

• Like 2

I too share your optimism in the innate goodness of the Left@Valin

I suspect GW stashed their bodies in the 9th ward levees.

It could be we are both correct,

aliens9.jpg

ALIEN PAVES ROAD TO WHITE HOUSE for Governor Bush, because in past elections, the alien endorsement has been a critical factor -- perhaps the deciding factor!

Bush had his alien allies abduct them and take them to NO!

LMFAO.gif