David Koch breaks from GOP on gay marriage, taxes, defense cuts

Valin

80483.htmlPolitico:

KENNETH P. VOGEL

8/30/12

TAMPA, Fla. – Billionaire industrialist David Koch, who is helping steer millions of dollars to elect Mitt Romney and congressional Republicans, on Thursday told POLITICO he disagrees with the GOP’s stance on gay marriage and believes the U.S. needs to consider raising taxes to balance the budget.

Koch, who is serving as a delegate to the Republican National Convention from New York, spoke to POLITICO after delivering brief remarks at a reception held in his honor by Americans for Prosperity, the political advocacy group he chairs and has helped fund.

The 1980 vice presidential nominee for the socially liberal – but fiscally conservative – Libertarian Party, Koch told POLITICO “I believe in gay marriage” when asked about the GOP’s stance on gay rights.

(Snip)

Question: Does this make the anti Koch brothers protesters homophobic?

People like

Van Jones, Senior Fellow, Center for American Progress

Erwin Chemerinsky, UC Irvine Law Dean

Lee Fang, Center for American Progress investigative journalist and Koch Brothers expert

DeAnn McEwen, Co-President of the California Nurses Association

Obviously we now know they are hate filled people.

evil1.gif

pollyannaish

You mean, you mean, you mean Republicans disagree with each other??! What? And they can still get along and support each other??

Really. You jest.

You mean, you mean, you mean Republicans disagree with each other??! What? And they can still get along and support each other??

Really. You jest.

I think I'm going to follow this story for a while. TOS should have some....interesting comments on it DUers heads are going to explode.