Live RNC Convention Thread ( Thur )

clearvision

WestVirginiaRebel

Balloon drop now...

Very Reaganesque towards the end, great way of humanizing himself and talking about the issues in ways that the average person could relate to.

• Like 1

Archbishop Timothy Dolan.....................formerly Archbishop of Milwaukee, now New York..............YES!!!

Hmmm balloons and confetti sort of conflict here.

Talking heads saying he did not connect with the people in this speech.... Sorry I strongly disagree.

• Like 2

The brilliance of Ed Schultz continues to amaze me. He claims the line about 'when you need something big done, you need an American' was a sop to the birthers.

Talking heads saying he did not connect with the people in this speech.... Sorry I strongly disagree.

Ha! They wish.

• Like 1

pollyannaish

I often think that inside the beltwayers get bored and if they don't hear something brand new they think it was unsuccessful. I disagree. What we want is for a candidate to understand and support our dreams. Small and large. I heard that tonight.

• Like 1

For whatever it's worth, I thought it was a terrific speech and a great convention. All I could think when Paul Ryan joined Mitt on the stage was what a ridiculous contrast Obama and Biden would make if they were standing there, too. No comparison! Let the Dems say what they want next week -- it won't matter. Bring on the debates!

• Like 2

Eastwood's 'Invisible Obama' skit amuses some, confuses others

I wonder what group might be confused.

pollyannaish

I'm such a political nerd. I'm sitting here eagerly awaiting the WHI review of the evening. Curious about what he has to say.