Getting Rid of the 'Likable' President

Geee

getting-rid-of-the-likable-preAmerican Spectator:

Barack Obama floats like a butterfly, even if he lacks the verbal facility to sting like a bee. He was lucky to draw the befuddled John McCain as his opponent in the 2008 presidential race. Rather than exposing Obama's bloated ego to the ridicule that it so richly deserved, McCain decided to make nice -- adding his voice to the hosanna chorus greeting the young Messiah. "And, finally, a word to Senator Obama and his supporters," McCain said in his acceptance speech at the Republican National convention. "We'll go at it over the next two months -- you know the nature of this business -- and there are big differences between us. But you have my respect and my admiration."

At the convention McCain left it to his running mate to throw the only serious punches at his Democratic rival. Then, if not later, Sarah Palin rose to the challenge -- providing the only moments worthy of inclusion in a highlight reel of great convention speeches.

She set up the first knock-down of the president-to-be with a self-deprecatory account of her own background:

A writer observed: "We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty, sincerity, and dignity." I know just the kind of people that writer had in mind when he praised Harry Truman.

I grew up with those people.Scissors-32x32.png

I just just wish the 2016 would be shown on national TV BEFORE the election!! Not only would they KNOW their president, I kept thinking that they would know that Michelle really meant it when she talked about being proud of the country for the very first time!!

• Like 1

@Geee

A caller to Lars Larson asked if Lars knew when DVD would be released so he could watch it (Lars had just interviewed Dinesh Dsouza ). Lars explained why DVD usually gets released much later. His opinion was people need to see it before election just like you say and encouraged the caller to get up a car load and travel to nearest theater taking Liberals with them.

http://www.larslarson.com/

pollyannaish

I don't find Obama likable in the slightest. I didn't find Clinton likable in the slightest. I found GWB extremely likable. I find Mitt plenty likable, although he's slightly stiff. I don't find McCain likable in the slightest. I like Bob Dole and think he's charming. Find some people charming in some situations and not in others: Mike Huckabee.

I don't trust myself to know who is actually likable and who isn't when it comes to politics. It's such a personal thing. I am clear about who I agree with and who I don't...so I'm going to have to use that criteria.

• Like 1