Global warming won't submerge Maldives: President

clearvision

44118Haveeru:

President Mohamed Waheed Hassan Manik today said though Maldives faces the dangers of climate change, the country would not be submerged in the Indian Ocean.

Speaking to Sri Lankan businessmen this morning during his current visit to Sri Lanka, President stressed that Maldives can be sustained through efforts to avert the dangers of climate change.

"First of all, I want give you a bit of good news. The good news is that the Maldives is not about to disappear," President Waheed said countering the claims by his predecessor that the Maldives would be be completely submerged in the near future.

He added that foreign investors were concerned with the talks of a submerged Maldives.

On that note, he expressed confidence that the Maldives can remain on the map by mitigating the effects of climate change and global warming.Scissors-32x32.png

-------

The former President is the one who did the underwater meeting to show what the country would be like in a few years if Global Warming was not stopped. I guess when business and land owners started then saying "why should I buy land here?" all of a sudden being underwater in a few years was not such a good idea. H/T wattsupwiththat.com

@clearvision

"First of all, I want give you a bit of good news. The good news is that the Maldives is not about to disappear," President Waheed said countering the claims by his predecessor that the Maldives would be be completely submerged in the near future.

ohmy.png What do you know...it worked!

Some sarcasm may be present

ohmy.png What do you know...it worked!

Some sarcasm may be present

Wow, I forgot he was going to save the world....and he did it. I've changed my mind (I hear you can do that) and now I'll vote for Obama.

SOME SARCASM MAY BE PRESENT

• Like 1