Romney to declare goal of North American energy independence by 2020

clearvision

us-usa-campaign-romney-idINBRE87J0P020120823Reuters:

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will lay out policies on Thursday aimed at achieving North American energy independence by 2020 by pursuing a sharp increase in production of oil and natural gas on federal lands and off the U.S. coast.

Romney is to unveil his plan at a truck and supply business in Hobbs, New Mexico, as he seeks to draw a sharp contrast between his energy policies and those of President Barack Obama and detail in part how he would rekindle job growth in the United States.Scissors-32x32.png

"I'm going to take advantage of our energy resources: Oil, coal, gas, nuclear, renewables, wind, solar. North America will be energy independent by the last year of my second term," he said.

The plan makes little mention of climate change or greenhouse gases. Romney policy adviser Oren Cass said Romney supports green energy and government spending on energy research, but opposes loan guarantees for green companies.Scissors-32x32.png

-------

Obama has a similar goal, but he is working on the demand side versus the supply side... wink.png

pollyannaish

I've got to read this. We lost sight of this in the last couple of decades. It's far past time to make it happen.

Talk about stirring economic growth!