Will Obama Keep Power 'by Any Means Necessary'?

Geee

will_obama_keep_power_by_any_means_necessary.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Let's go there: if Obama thinks he's losing, will he allow safe and fair elections on November 6? And if he does lose, will he peacefully turn over power to Mitt Romney on January 20, 2013? Or will he cling to power "by any means necessary," as a highly placed insider alleges?

Now, I'm truly sorry to raise such disgusting, un-American, crazy-sounding questions, but, alas, they're not crazy, and I've got a disquieting amount of evidence. The Democrats have already accused Romney of murdering a woman with cancer, financial felonies, and not filing taxes for ten years -- the last charge delivered by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on the Senate floor, on the basis of absolutely no evidence whatsoever.

By Democrat standards, I've got enough proof to put away Obama, et al. for life without parole.

Whatever chicanery Obama and his investors may be contemplating, it will probably unfold against some gargantuan crisis, manufactured or otherwise. So cast your mind back to September 11, 2001, the day of the New York mayoral primary.

In the chaos after the attacks, Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, who was term-limited from running, pleaded that his leadership was essential and that he should be granted an extra three months in office after his term ran out on January 1. Giuliani's unprecedented power-grab was rightfully scorned by his eventual successor, Michael Bloomberg. So what did Bloomberg do when he ran into term limits? He deployed his multi-billion-dollar fortune to manipulate the law and buy himself a quasi-legal third term, claiming that only he had the expertise to handle the 2008 financial crisis.

My point? Politicians a great deal more conventional than Obama have loathed giving up power, and they have used crises and unethical machinations to try to keep it.Scissors-32x32.png

With at least half of the electorate passionately wanting him out of office I feel that civil unrest is likely. The Left's practice of divisional politics will come home to roost in a dramatic way.

pollyannaish

It surprises and concerns me when a magazine as unlikely to be influenced by conspiracy theories as the American Thinker starts talking this way. I sort of ignore this kind of stuff because I read so much about President Bush not relinquishing power which was BS.

So what does AT know?

pollyannaish

I think this is just one of those quadrennial stories to use to fill up space.

Probably, but I sure wish AT could be above this sort of thing.

I think this is just one of those quadrennial stories to use to fill up space.

Probably, but I sure wish AT could be above this sort of thing.

I recall just this kind of nonsense being written about Nixon, Carter, Clinton, W Bush. We see it darn near every election...and generally by those you have a 3 be3droom ranch home in East Nutterville.

• 4 weeks later...

Reid Attacks Romney On Senate Floor….Again

By: Curt

First thought is why in the world is Romney being brought up on the floor of the Senate? Why is Harry Reid debating Romney in the Senate when:

The 112th Congress is set to enter the Congressional record books as the least productive body in a generation, passing a mere 173 public laws as of last month. . . . Appropriations bills, once the central function of the legislative branch, have been ditched in favor of short-term spending measures that do little more than keep the lights on. Scissors-32x32.png