California's Foreclosed Homes Vandalized By "Sharpie Partiers"

Valin

californias-foreclosed-homes-vandalized-sharpie-partiers.htmiReality: 8/19/12

Foreclosed homes in California are being vandalized by "sharpie partiers", according to reports by CBS news. These people, which the media has tied to Occupy Wall Street, have broken into boarded-up homes and, well, making their mark.

Five years into the US foreclosure crisis, Sharpie parties are a new form of protest, becoming the latest iteration of collective home-trashing spurred by social media and the Occupy Wall Street movement.

At least six Sharpie parties were reported in one California county in recent months, where invitations posted online drew scores to foreclosed homes.

The partygoers are handed Sharpie pens on arrival by their hosts and told to write on walls, which then usually turns to a full on vandalism act that involves smashing windows and breaking furnitures.

This Calfornia spree follows a similar outbreak earlier this year in Texas, Florida and Utah. This is perhaps growing into a naitonal movement.

(Snip)

Were I not the kind gentle tolerant sort of person I am, I would suggest a solution to this little problem

937455267-MelChinBillyClub1994.jpg

Repeat as necessary.