"This Week" Panel: Is The U.S. Headed Toward Bankrupcy?

Valin

Draggingtree

Obama’s Debt Outsourcing American Sovereignty, Distorting Trade

Posted by Daniel Horowitz (Diary)

Monday, August 20th at 10:45AM EDT

1 Comment

Any day now we will breach the $16 trillion debt mark. Thank you Obama and the Democrats for mortgaging off the future of our children. You won’t be around in 50 years to bail them out like you did your crony money-bundlers at GM and the UAW.

One of the important components of our federal debt in the share of debt owned by foreign countries. We like to view ourselves as the pride of the world, but there’s not much pride in countries like China and Mexico owning our debt. Terence Jeffrey of CNS News reports that our foreign debt has hit a new record of $5.2923 trillion, a gain of 72.3% since Obama took office. Talk about “outsourcing jobs,” Barack. Obama is outsourcing the indebtedness of our children and grandchildren to foreign countries.

Our foreign debt is now equal Scissors-32x32.png read more http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2012/08/20/obama%e2%80%99s-debt-outsourcing-american-sovereignty-distorting-trade/

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

I often wonder if people really understand that we are Broke? And what this means?

It's frustrating when talking to people, that they don't seem to get it.

I don’t think that most people understand that broke means broke as they see this government whether Dem. Or Rep. continue to fund “Aid” to other country’s which in my option should cease period

@Draggingtree

I often wonder if people really understand that we are Broke? And what this means?

I don’t think that most people understand that broke means broke as they see this government whether Dem. Or Rep. continue to fund “Aid” to other country’s which in my option should cease period

I understand what you mean, but the amount of money spent on foreign aid is just a rounding error when it comes to entitlements. Anbd often what it buys us is worth it...its one of the costs of being the super power.

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

I understand what you mean, but the amount of money spent on foreign aid is just a rounding error when it comes to entitlements. Anbd often what it buys us is worth it...its one of the costs of being the super power.

Well i will disagree it gains us anything, I understand it's just a drop in the bucket as for as moneys go.