Meet the Real Workers Obama Screwed Over

Geee

meet-real-workers-obama-screwed-overCNSnews:

Chutzpah overload in full effect: President Obama's sleazy super-PAC, run by his former White House spokesman Bill Burton, just released an ad accusing GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney of causing the cancer death of a steelworker's wife.

It's not just a slanderous and false attack. It's a foolish attempt to camouflage the administration's massive jobs death toll, politicized pension plundering and Big Labor bailout cronyism. And it will backfire big time because the thousands and thousands of true victims of Obama's economic wreckage are speaking up and fighting back.

Let's dispense with the "Romney = murderer" meme first. The warped Priorities USA ad features the claims of one Joe Soptic, a former employee at the Kansas City-based GST Steel plant. The plant went bankrupt years after Bain Capital acquired it. Soptic blames Romney for the loss of his job and health insurance — and for the subsequent death of his wife a "short time after" the plant's closure.

But Romney stopped working for Bain in 1999. The plant closed in 2001. And Soptic's wife died in 2006. Oh, and Soptic admitted to CNN on Tuesday afternoon that the family in fact had health insurance at the time of Soptic's wife's death. But it's still all-powerful, time-traveling, omnipresent Darth Romney's fault.

Obama flack turned super-PAC slime-master Burton shrugged off the facts and doubled down on the campaign's class-warfare bloviation. "Families and individuals had to find new jobs, new sources of health insurance and a way to make up for the pensions they lost," he told Politico. "Mitt Romney has had an enduring impact on the lives of thousands of men and women, and for many of them, that impact has been devastating."

Yet, the Soptic story is the best they could scrape together? Stamp this one "EPIC FAIL."

While Team Obama promotes fables to indict Romney, the incontrovertible stories of the current administration's economic malpractice are finally getting out. In 2010, I first reported on how Obama's UAW bailout threw tens of thousands of nonunion autoworkers under the bus. It's the ongoing horror story of some 20,000 white-collar workers at Delphi, a leading auto parts company spun off from GM a decade ago.

As Washington rushed to nationalize the U.S. auto industry with $80 billion in taxpayer "rescue" funds and avoid contested court termination proceedings, the White House auto team and the Treasury Department schemed with Big Labor bosses to preserve UAW members' costly pension funds by shafting their nonunion counterparts.Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

What President Obama really thinks about successful working Americans

August 8, 2012 | Filed under 2008 Presidential Race,2012 Presidential Race,Barack Obama | Posted by Michael Laprarie

Just for fun, I’ve been reading old blog posts from 2008 trying to gain a better understanding of President Obama. (Okay, I’m also looking for ways to measure just how spectacularly his presidency has failed to live up to his promises. And believe me, it’s a target-rich environment.)

A couple of incidents stand out, though, that dovetail very nicely with the President’s recent disdainful “you didn’t build that” remarks. And taken together, all these statements, both old and new, paint a picture of a man who is very much upset by the thought of a successful upper middle class that earned its way out of “the masses” and into a position that threatens the authority and power of the anointed Ivy League elites.

First, in a 2005 interview (Adobe PDF) promoting Dreams From My Father, then-Illinois State Senator Barack Obama had this to say about “mutual responsibility for bridging the [racial] divisions that exist right now”:

And I really want to emphasize the word “responsibility.” I think that whether you are Scissors-32x32.png