Chicago Chick-fil-A Kiss-In Protesters "Chalk" Homeless Street Preacher

Pepper

#commentsLegal Insurrection:

Chicago Chick-fil-A Kiss-In protesters “chalk” homeless street preacher

Posted by Anne Sorock Saturday, August 4, 2012 at 7:03pm

I attended Friday night’s “Kiss-in” protest outside the only Chick-fil-A location in Chicago. The small group of between twenty to thirty protesters gathered outside the restaurant around 7pm. A few same-sex couples took the opportunity to kiss in public, as the protest organizers encouraged attendees to do on their facebook page.

I asked many of the protesters whether they agreed with Alderman Moreno’s actions; the reactions were mixed. Some agreed — one woman told me she took a “European view” of our Constitutional Rights — while others felt he was in the wrong despite agreeing with him in a general sense.

While there, a group formed around an elderly African-American homeless man, who was reading his bible while seated along a fence rail off to the side of the protest. Some in the group confronted the man, who was reading the bible aloud, and engaged him in theological debates. A few others took the opportunity to mock the man, which I captured on video:

pollyannaish

That makes my heart hurt. It reminds me very much of what the mocking Christ must have had as he drug his cross to Calvary.

Evil is ugly. The lack of compassion is astonishing.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

My Take on the “Chick-Fil-A Issue”

Scissors-32x32.png

I want to say that clearly and succinctly in words that can not be mis-understood or ignored.

Want to protest the environment; the media, the talking heads, the government and just about everyone else will bend over backwards to help. Want to “keep religion” out of schools; say hello to every reporter in a 10 county area. Want to talk about “how the rich need to pay their share” and you’ll have a platform available in every community and public space.

Want to talk about how our Christian beliefs govern the way we live our lives, how we spend our money? And we are told that isn’t acceptable.

Scissors-32x32.png

Like this link: http://3bxsofbs.infamousanime.net/?p=5910

• Like 1