Questions linger 50 years after Marilyn Monroe's death

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

3697412newsok.com:

Questions linger 50 years after Marilyn Monroe's death

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY | Published: August 2, 2012

LOS ANGELES — A half century has not dimmed skeptics' suspicions about the death of Marilyn Monroe at age 36, but the intervening decades have seen technological leaps that could alter the investigation were it to occur today.

DNA, more sophisticated electronic record-keeping, drug databases and other advances would give investigators more

information than they were able to glean after Monroe's Aug. 5, 1962, death — 50 years ago this Sunday.

Whether any of the tools would lead to a different conclusion — that Monroe's death from acute barbiturate poisoning was a probable suicide — remains a historical “What If?”

“The good news is we're very advanced from 50 years ago,” said Scissors-32x32.png

Read more: http://newsok.com/qu...2#ixzz22aaANFbI

pollyannaish

As sexy as it sounds in the world of movies, I've never believed she was murdered. She was too easily discredited to need to do that.

I do believe her housekeeper and others did a few things to try and keep her reputation from being completely savaged, but that's about it.

In most of these cases, life is a lot less interesting and more straightforward than we think.

Interesting story though. Not much new info, so it makes me ask...why now?

Edited to add: Obviously it's been 50 years, but that's a pretty long article to mark the anniversary.