Chick-Fil-A sets world sales record

RidesAPaleHorse

pollyannaish

This guy is RIGHT on the money. Chick-fil-a was a shot heard around the country. We won't be bullied.

As I said the other day, I don't know that we can avoid the civil war that is coming. I don't know how that war will look, but I know it's going to be painful. I wish there was a way to avoid it, I really do.

This guy is RIGHT on the money. Chick-fil-a was a shot heard around the country. We won't be bullied.

As I said the other day, I don't know that we can avoid the civil war that is coming. I don't know how that war will look, but I know it's going to be painful. I wish there was a way to avoid it, I really do.

What we see here is just another example of the two worlds that co-exist here. OTOH we do see many on the Left saying...Wait a minute..this is a step too far.

pollyannaish

What we see here is just another example of the two worlds that co-exist here. OTOH we do see many on the Left saying...Wait a minute..this is a step too far.

I have to say, I really appreciated Mayor Bloomberg's comments. Very rational, very accuarte. Nicely done. Good for him.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I wonder how long it is going to take them to resolve distribution problems. Imagine all of their stores needing major restocking at the same time. Are they prepared for anything like this?

pollyannaish

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I wonder how long it is going to take them to resolve distribution problems. Imagine all of their stores needing major restocking at the same time. Are they prepared for anything like this?

I don't think there was any way that they were. I predict, however, that there will be a fair amount of understanding as they get it together. And if they manage to do so with little downtime, I will be very, very impressed.

I don't think there was any way that they were. I predict, however, that there will be a fair amount of understanding as they get it together. And if they manage to do so with little downtime, I will be very, very impressed.

Reply #4

418928_10151145162037650_1900436516_n.jpg

Draggingtree

Fighting Tyranny through Chicken

August 1, 2012 8:07 PM| Posted by Bill Otis| 5 Comments

A few days ago, I put up an entry about the (frankly) crazed prosecution of a marine biologist, a case begun, and now in its seventh year, because a member of her crew whistled at a whale. The point I was making was that the sprawl of criminal law, while justifiably viewed with growing concern by many conservatives and others ordinarily sympathetic to the prosecution point of view, masks an even more pernicious problem -- replacing law with ideology. The particular ideology now elbowing law out of the way is Political Correctness. I thought this was wonderfully illustrated by the unhinged version of environmentalism on display in the whale whistling case, and by the even more unhinged version of seething feminism and race-based bullying on display in the Duke lacrosse scandal of a few years ago.

No sooner was the ink dry on my post than Political Correctness took another step toward tyranny, this time in the Chick-fil-A controversy. It seems that the owner of Chick-fil-A opposes gay marriage (a position held by President Obama until quite recently). It's not that Chick-fil-A refuses service to gays, married or otherwise; it's simply that the owner believes, apparently for religious reasons, that same-sex marriage is wrong. This is very Politically Incorrect.

It did not take the PC storm troopers long to launch.

In Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and elsewhere, government officials declared that Chick-fil-A would not be welcome to do business in their cities. Any suggestion that a business owner could express an opinion on a public issue and, under the First Amendment, be free from government retaliation was trampled in the rush to Be Politically Correct About Gay Marriage.

And then something happened Scissors-32x32.png read more http://www.crimeandconsequences.com/crimblog/2012/08/fighting-tyranny-through-chick.html#more

SrWoodchuck

In terms of ideology, PCBS is as virulent as Islamic Jihad. Conservatives ideology allows coexistence, but does not force approval. Liberal ideology insists on an absolute certainty, that doesn't allow even a minute variance. Like a boa constrictor killing it's prey.......it just wraps that tyranny around you and keeps you from taking another breath. Then it swallows you whole.

In terms of ideology, PCBS is as virulent as Islamic Jihad. Conservatives ideology allows coexistence, but does not force approval. Liberal ideology insists on an absolute certainty, that doesn't allow even a minute variance. Like a boa constrictor killing it's prey.......it just wraps that tyranny around you and keeps you from taking another breath. Then it swallows you whole.

Excellent metaphor.

Can I use it?

SrWoodchuck

Excellent metaphor.

Can I use it?

Absolutely, @Evad!

If you look at the Arab Spring & the Jihad movement......it's exactly the same, except you can literally die for your belief, instead of "surrendering" to Islam. I believe that Islam itself means surrender.

What we are seeing, is the just another constriction of the Progressive snake.

Are Progressives as ready to die for their ideology as conservatives? They're not the ones that are willing to fight for the Second Amendment's, "right to bear arms." What is scary [to me] is the mind set of our children & their children. Will they trade the perceived comfort of government security for the "inalienable" or God given rights that our founders established?

pollyannaish

So has anyone heard how today's protest is going?

Lots of build up in the press, but I can't find any reports of turn out.

@Valin.....I laughed my head off! That was funny.

Ditto, @Valin & Pollyannaish! The difference between inanity & insanity......is the ass in the middle.

Here's the thing, when something like this comes up we have pretty much two choices A. Anger B. Humor. I generally go with B...but then there are those who have suggested I have warped twisted mind...They may have a point. Trying to figure out if they are correct, is this is a good thing or do I need more therapy?