Is religious persecution coming to Scotland?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

is-religious-persecution-coming-to-scotlandWizbang:

Is religious persecution coming to Scotland?

July 31, 2012 | Filed under Christianity,Gay Marriage,Leftist Tolerance,Religious Liberty | Posted by David Robertson

While liberal politicians in America have been attacking the freedoms of speech and religion that Americans enjoy, over on the east side of the Atlantic Ocean, liberal politicians in Scotland have been threatening people’s ability to openly express their faith-shaped beliefs.

The Catholic News Agency has published an article titled “New Scottish bishop could see going to jail over ‘gay marriage’“.

Here is an excerpt from that article:

Archbishop-designate Philip Tartaglia of Glasgow could see himself being imprisoned for speaking out in support of the traditional married family.

“I could see myself going to jail possibly at some point over the next 15 years, if God spares me, if I speak out,” Archbishop Tartaglia said in an interview with STV News July 24.

His comments came just a day before the Scottish government announced it would legislate in favor of same-sex “marriage.” Archbishop Tartaglia warned that the redefinition of marriage will have “enormous implications for religious liberty.”

“I am deeply concerned that today, defending the traditional meaning of marriage is Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/07/31/is-religious-persecution-coming-to-scotland/