Inconvenient truth

Valin

inconvenient_truth_v0YgFJUTGIwWPibQYoF3LINY Post:

Romney right on Palestinians

John Podhoretz

July 31, 2012

While in Israel, Mitt Romney said something every sane person knows to be true: There is great cultural and political meaning in the fact that Israel has prospered while the Palestinians have festered.

“Culture,” Romney said, “makes all the difference . . . you notice a dramatic, stark difference in economic vitality.”

He didn’t specify what he meant by “culture,” but you can take your pick.

(Snip)

If you don't agree, give another explanation.

Romney’s Truth Telling

Palestinians would profit from recognizing the success of Israeli culture.

Rich Lowry

7/31/12

(Snip)

Mitt Romney’s trip to Israel was such a moment. Demonstrating rhetorical instincts that should get him booked routinely on MSNBC, Palestinian official Saeb Erekat denounced the Republican candidate as a racist. It was a heartening display of the commonality of Romney critics. Whatever their varied backgrounds or interests, they all speak in one voice when it comes to attributing racial hatred to the former Massachusetts governor.

In Jerusalem, Romney’s offense was noting at a fundraiser the starkly different economic performances of Israel and the Palestinian Authority. Israel has a per capita GDP of $31,000, the West Bank and Gaza just $1,500. “As I come here and I look out over this city and consider the accomplishments of the people of this nation,” Romney said, “I recognize the power of at least culture and a few other things.”

At that, Erekat pounced. “It is a racist statement,” he huffed, “and this man doesn’t realize that the Palestinian economy cannot reach its potential because there is an Israeli occupation.” Judging by his performance, Erekat is almost as good at calling Republicans racist as people in the United States who do it for a living. His understanding of the fundamentals of economic growth and the Palestinian predicament isn’t as impressive, though. Otherwise he wouldn’t get the vapors at the mention of the word “culture,” or the suggestion that contemporary Palestinian culture is lacking.

(Snip)

All together now....Its The JEWS!!!

pollyannaish

We live in a world were telling the truth gets one in trouble.

But it is so incredibly refreshing.

What Is Truth?

P. Pilate

pollyannaish

What Is Truth?

P. Pilate

Don't you just love postmodernism?

pollyannaish

Really, @Valin, if we are looking at the big picture—I don't think there was any way for this country's founders to anticipate the destructiveness of postmodernism on our culture. It's one of the major reasons I despise the sixties.

There is hard truth and yet now, even science is being invaded by this stuff. I find it depressing and oppressive. I guess I was just born late.

What Is Truth?

P. Pilate

Don't you just love postmodernism?

Oh yes, it's great! As some guy said a while ago...."What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

Ecclesiastes 1:9

• Like 1

Really, @Valin, if we are looking at the big picture—I don't think there was any way for this country's founders to anticipate the destructiveness of postmodernism on our culture. It's one of the major reasons I despise the sixties.

There is hard truth and yet now, even science is being invaded by this stuff. I find it depressing and oppressive. I guess I was just born late.

OTOH!

Something I've recently run across

Always remember....

"Trends that can't continue, won't."

Herbert Stein

The problem with postmodernism is it only makes sense on Harvard Yard...this to shall pass.

I refuse to be pessimistic.