Hey, Obama: We Built That Stuff Too! - Neal Boortz

Pepper

2012-06-14T230923Z_01_WHT233_RTRIDSP_0_CAMPAIGN-OBAMA.jpgTownHall.com:

Hey, Obama: We Built That Stuff Too!

Scissors-32x32.png

Dear Ruler:

First, let me say how thrilled I am that you went off-teleprompter last week. This “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen” thing was just wonderful. Now I know how Chris Matthews felt.

Oh .. I know. Your handlers weren’t all that thrilled with your amazing screw-up, and, frankly, they have been worried this day was coming for a long time. They know how you feel about the private sector.

Scissors-32x32.png

There! Do you see that? That government you’re so enamored with … that government you credit with Americas greatness … well, to paraphrase one of our presidents, “You didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” That’s right, Dear Ruler, somebody else made that government happen. and that somebody else is US. The government is OURS. We built it. We hire the people to run it. We have regular meetings every two years or so to decide whether we want to keep those managers or get rid of them to find better talent. Those roads .. our national infrastructure? We HIRED the government to build those things for us, just as we hire contractors to build our business locations and to design and manufacture the equipment we will use in the course of our businesses. We created this government – the government did not create us – and we contract with this government to do things for us on a grand scale because we recognize the inefficiencies of trying to do those things for ourselves. Government is just another contractor we hire to get our private business done.

But hold on a minute, Ruler Obama. There’s something else I want you to read before you put this letter down....

Scissors-32x32.png

logicnreason

A really cool article. I'm a poor writer. I'll admit it.

So...I thank Neil Boortz for writing exactly what I've wanted to say, but don't have the skills to write it down.

Thanks Neil.

I do have a voice tho...and come this November I'll be shouting loud and clear!

• Like 1

logicnreason

@logicnreason

Ditto

Boortz is a better writer than talker at times

I'll just read him for the time being.....

November is just around the corner....I'm ready....and my mind will not change.

• Like 1