Leon County jury convicts inmate in capital murder trial

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

www.leoncountytoday.comleoncountytoday.com/:

Leon County jury convicts inmate in capital murder trial

by Vanessa Goodwyn December 1, 2009

Judge Kenneth Keeling’s District 278 courtroom in Centerville was packed to overflowing on Monday morning for the closing arguments in the capital murder trial of Jerry Duane Martin (39). The gallery consisted mostly of officers from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice correctional facility in Huntsville who were hoping for a verdict that would honor the sacrifice of Susan Canfield, a prison officer who was killed in the line of duty on September 24, 2007. Canfield (59) was a mounted guard on the morning that Martin and John Ray Falk attempted to escape from the onion field where they were assigned to work. Late in the morning, Squad 5 had worked their way close to the facility’s boundry, and just beyond it was the Huntsville City Service Center where a truck was parked. Martin wrestled a gun from the field boss, who was a new correctional officer. He tossed the gun to Falk, then ran to the pickup. Falk exchanged fire with officers, ran out of ammunition, and as Canfield approached on horseback, he engaged her to get her rifle. Martin approached in the one-ton Ford pickup and struck Canfield and her horse, and the 59-year-old officer was killed. Scissors-32x32.png read more

http://www.leoncountytoday.com/

Rant The reason I posted this is Jerry D. Martin was found guilty and put to death, his partner John R. Falk as of this date has not even been brought to trial, This Judge in Walker County, Tx. needs to be voted out of office Unbelievable

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

I can get to the paper but don't see the original 2009 article.

But good news in Texas

Carjacker who shot victim ten times becomes first Texas inmate to be executed with single lethal injection drug

It took 14 years, but this guy bit the big one. He shot a man 10 times

Well I see what you were talking about so I went in to the papers search and it pulled the article up

Enter your keywords:

Search results

12/01/2009 - Leon County jury convicts inmate in capital murder trial - Story

... Judge Kenneth Keeling’s District 278 courtroom in Centerville was packed to overflowing on Monday morning for the closing arguments in the capital murder trial of Jerry Duane Martin (39). The gallery consisted ...