ATTENTION MITT ROMNEY AND ROMNEY CAMPAIGN STAFF!

Valin

note.php?note_id=10150915613380946Mark Levin:

Mark Levin

July 15, 2012

You need to go on offense!

Obama wants to talk about outsourcing. Ok, then, slap him with it. Here's an example: "Obama has outsourced our credit to the Chinese, he has outsourced our energy to Saudi Arabia, he has outsourced NASA to the Russians (H/T Jim Geraghty, NRO), and he has outsourced our foreign policy to the United Nations."

But don't stop there. Even better, start hitting Obama for the actual consequences of his reign. Try this: "If your high school or college age son or daughter cannot find a job this summer, thank Obama; if your senior citizen dad or mom has to work a part-time job to make ends meet, thank Obama; if your spouse lost his or her job in the last 3 1/2 years, thank Obama; if you lost your job and, as a consequence, your family lost its health care, thank Obama." And say it, over and over again.

And you should add: "The problem is that Obama doesn't know what he doesn't know, but thinks he knows everything. He is the most incompetent and ideologically confused president in our life-time. The reason why the economy is not growing, jobs are not being created, businesses are closing, and families are losing their homes and health care is because Obama raises taxes when he should lower them, he issues regulations when he should freeze them, and he trash-mouths American industries when he should be promoting them here and abroad."

(Snip)

So many conservative giants like Levin are giving Romney good advice on what he should and should not be doing... but he doesn't seem to be listening.... and that scares me.

logicnreason

note.php?note_id=10150915613380946Mark Levin:

Mark Levin

July 15, 2012

You need to go on offense!

Obama wants to talk about outsourcing. Ok, then, slap him with it. Here's an example: "Obama has outsourced our credit to the Chinese, he has outsourced our energy to Saudi Arabia, he has outsourced NASA to the Russians (H/T Jim Geraghty, NRO), and he has outsourced our foreign policy to the United Nations."

But don't stop there. Even better, start hitting Obama for the actual consequences of his reign. Try this: "If your high school or college age son or daughter cannot find a job this summer, thank Obama; if your senior citizen dad or mom has to work a part-time job to make ends meet, thank Obama; if your spouse lost his or her job in the last 3 1/2 years, thank Obama; if you lost your job and, as a consequence, your family lost its health care, thank Obama." And say it, over and over again.

And you should add: "The problem is that Obama doesn't know what he doesn't know, but thinks he knows everything. He is the most incompetent and ideologically confused president in our life-time. The reason why the economy is not growing, jobs are not being created, businesses are closing, and families are losing their homes and health care is because Obama raises taxes when he should lower them, he issues regulations when he should freeze them, and he trash-mouths American industries when he should be promoting them here and abroad."

(Snip)

Excellent!

But it also means that the right - in this case, Rom-Knee and his handlers - would have to attack. And we all know how seemingly impossible that is for them.

Once again....the right seems to be moving lock step toward the inevitable "snatching of defeat from the jaws of victory."

Woe to all of us, and this once beloved country of ours.

logicnreason

@logicnreason

We'll what happens. Remember this is only July.

Tho it is both infuriating and disheartening, when one lets history be the judge, it become painfully evident that nationally known Republicans simply do not know how to fight.

The last one on the national stage (not including the former gov of Alaska) who could actually articulate cogent points while on the offensive was President Reagan.

@logicnreason

Tho it is both infuriating and disheartening, when one lets history be the judge, it become painfully evident that nationally known Republicans simply do not know how to fight.

The last one on the national stage (not including the former gov of Alaska) who could actually articulate cogent points while on the offensive was President Reagan.

Newt Gingrich doesn't know how to fight? Paul Ryan...Mitch McConnell, Chris Christie don't know how to fight? Please!

Now I am not the upper midwest president of the Mitt Romney fan club, but something I saw during the primaries...Mitt can stand there and smile sweetly then stick the knife in your back. What I'm saying is there are ways of fighting that not as emotionally satisfying get the job done. Remember his object is to win in Nov., not make us feel good in July.

• Like 2

pollyannaish

I think he will fight back, and I think he will fight back hard. And I believe he is holding his fire until he knows its going to hit hard. It IS as Valin says. This is not a race about feelings. It is a race about winning. And Mitt, despite all his flaws, knows how to win.

That the Obama campaign is resorting to this so early and this clumsily is indicative of a rattled campaign. We saw this kind of behavior from McCain last time, and while Palin offered the red meat we found so satisfying, she did not WIN.

This year, winning is not optional.

• Like 1

logicnreason

@logicnreason

Newt Gingrich doesn't know how to fight? Paul Ryan...Mitch McConnell, Chris Christie don't know how to fight? Please!

Now I am not the upper midwest president of the Mitt Romney fan club, but something I saw during the primaries...Mitt can stand there and smile sweetly then stick the knife in your back. What I'm saying is there are ways of fighting that not as emotionally satisfying get the job done. Remember his object is to win in Nov., not make us feel good in July.

Well....one thing is for sure. Come November; it will be a contest between the stain and "beige paint". The nation will decide. My mind is made up. In fact, it has been since one nanosecond after the "winner" was announced in the last general election.

I do not support Mr. "beige paint", but I will do all in my severly limited power as a legal, voting citizen of the United State of American to eradicate the stain that now devastates the office of President.

• Like 1

@logicnreason

Given my radical right wing tendency's I can't believe I'm defending Willard Whitebread....but..

Is Mitt Romney More of a Dude Than We Thought?

Andrew Klavan

July 16, 2012

You know whom I’m beginning to like, respect and admire? Mitt Romney.

I know! We conservatives aren’t supposed to do that. We’re supposed to look askance at him as one of those hell-bound establishment moderates, a RINO in Reaganesque clothing. We’re supposed to bitch and moan about his lack of vision, his suspect credentials, his refusal to eat the children of illegal aliens for dinner (they are tasty). We’re supposed to complain that he hasn’t gotten specific enough about which federal workers he’s going to guillotine and is therefore not really committed to returning the government to its 1776 levels of spending as God and the founders intended. If we really want to strut our red cred, we’re even supposed to claim there’s no real difference between Romney and Obama — and we’re supposed to do it with a straight face, too.

Advertisement

But I’ve been watching the guy operate and I’m beginning to think a lot of that may be — how can I put this politely? — crap.

(Snip)

With Obama and leftism failing so spectacularly and completely, we conservatives are hankering for a Reaganesque visionary to ride out of the dawn horizon and set things moving rightward once and for all. That’s not Romney’s style. Sad panda. But his stands on the major issues are exactly where we would have them be: he supports Paul Ryan’s entitlement reform (another act of real political courage), he swears he’ll repeal Obamacare, he’s strong on immigration, thoroughly reasonable on Islamism and Israel, and committed to marriage and life without showing any trace of bigotry or hate. Has he made mistakes? Yes, he has. But I made a mistake once and it hasn’t stopped me from becoming perfect since. On where he’s headed now, I think we can take the man at his word.

Which may be the biggest point of all. I’m beginning to suspect Mitt Romney is an actual real live man of integrity. This is no small thing. In fact, in light of his openly conservative agenda, it may turn out to be everything.