Washington looks to North Dakota for economic, energy blueprint

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

washington-looks-to-north-dakota-for-economic-energy-blueprintHot Air:

North Dakota isn’t your typical destination for members of Congress on a July weekend. But that’s where you’ll find members of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Saturday. They’re gathering for a hearing on job creation.

No state has done a better job of creating jobs than North Dakota. It has the nation’s lowest unemployment rate at 3 percent and leads all states with the fastest-growing household income in America over the past few years.

It’s no secret what’s happening in North Dakota. The economic success is the result of an oil boom in the Bakken Shale Formation. It has helped North Dakota surpass both California and Alaska to become the second-biggest oil-producing state.

Members of Congress spent Friday in Oklahoma reviewing burdensome and unnecessary regulations on energy production. They’re heading to North Dakota in hopes of finding a blueprint for America’s energy future. It’s a good place to explore.

The state’s success is attributable to sensible regulations, the often-maligned fracking process and drilling that’s taking place on private lands. The Heritage Foundation and Institute for Energy Research recently visited North Dakota to produce a short video that highlights how the oil boom has changed the lives of local residents and others who have flocked to the state for work.

________

Go North, young man...

There is one more unnamed reason why these jobs pay so well. Ever been to North Dakota.....in Feb.? As my brother says, "There's nothing between us and the north pole but a snow fence....and its down."

OH OH This could be bad! I recommend dumping all you shares in Amalgamated Pixie Dust inc.

Shale will free US from oil imports, says ex-BP boss

Will Smale

7/13/12

The big growth in oil extracted from shale rock means the US will not need to import any crude within two decades, the former boss of BP has said.

Lord Browne told a conference in Oxford the US would be "completely independent of imported oil, probably by 2030".

(Snip)

He told the Resource 2012 forum on water, food and energy scarcity that the development of shale oil and gas was "quite extraordinary", and that the world was now entering the "latest age of primary energy".

(Snip)

thinking.gif There may be an out! I'm thinking Solar and/or Wind Powered drilling rigs....mandated and federally subsidized of course.

There is one more unnamed reason why these jobs pay so well. Ever been to North Dakota.....in Feb.? As my brother says, "There's nothing between us and the north pole but a snow fence....and its down."

No one said living was easy. If you have lived in ND/MN, you know that to be true. wink.png

Good opportunities.

PM me if you are looking for an opportunity.

Good salary, shelter supplied. Maturity a plus.

• Like 1

No one said living was easy. If you have lived in ND/MN, you know that to be true. wink.png

Good opportunities.

PM me if you are looking for an opportunity.

Good salary, shelter supplied. Maturity a plus.

I have plenty of opportunity's...of course most of them end with the phrase..."You have the right to remain silent...." biggrin.png

I've been to Texas. Have you gotten rid of the rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, one hundred + degree heat, ungodly high humidity, the spawn of satan otherwise known as the Dallas Cowboys yet?

Energy Revolution: Views From Around the Web

Walter Russel Mead

7/16/12

Via Meadia has been commenting on the energy revolution taking place all around us these days (Energy Revolution: Part One, Part Two). Thankfully, we’re not the only ones who’ve noticed.

Chrystia Freeland:

[T]hanks to new discoveries and new technologies, the end of fossil fuels is not looking quite so imminent. From the oil sands of northern Alberta, to America’s massive pockets of shale gas (American gas reserves would last at least 75 years at current consumption rates), to the vast offshore oil reserves that Brazil hopes will make it the world’s fourth-largest producer by 2020, fossil-fuel sources we didn’t know about or couldn’t use are suddenly available. Crucially, many of these supplies are found in thriving democracies—a dramatic shift from the past, when oil and autocracy seemed to go together.

(Snip)

Analysis and a useful chart from the EIA, via the Atlantic:

You may not have noticed, but there is something happening to the American electricity supply that we’ve never seen before. Not in 1973 or 1950 or even in 1900. As long as Americans have made electricity, they’ve gotten more of it from coal than from any fuel. While petroleum and natural gas have played huge roles in our energy system, coal’s been responsible for more than 65 percent of the fossil-fuel electricity we’ve generated for most of the last 50 years. (And for big chunks of the 20th century, we made half of all the electricity in this country by burning coal.)

(Snip)

EIA1.jpeg

(Snip)

@Valin, I wasn't clear.

Needed in the Bakkens is a water truck driver for a new company. They are looking for someone mature that wants to see the company grow. Land has been purchased to build a home site that workers will live in. Both owners are personal friends. They have purchased their second truck but lack drivers.

They want maturity, so I though of you.

Then I LMFAO.gif

Hey, you can do cold already.