Democrat holds up legislation to protect Middle East religious minorities

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

democrat-holds-up-legislation-to-protect-middle-east-religious-minorities-sanctions-obamas-abandonme.htmlAtlas Shrugs:

Democrat holds up legislation to protect Middle East religious minorities, sanctions Obama's abandonment of brutalized non-Muslims in Muslim countries

The monstrous Islamic persecution, oppression and slaughter of Christians, Coptic Christians, Baha’is, Chaldo-Assyrians, Ahmadis, Jews and non-Muslims throughout the Middle East, South Central Asia and other Muslim countries cannot be sanctioned. But Obama is doing just that. Obama's Muslim advisers have gone so far as to block Middle Eastern Christians' access to the White house.

Now, Obama has his henchmen like Jim Webb holding up any attempts at legislation to protect and/or defend these helpless minorities in Congress.

Lawmakers clash over Middle East religious minorities bill The Hill, July 12

Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) ripped into Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) on Thursday for holding up legislation to protect religious minorities that has bipartisan support.

Wolf's bill to create a special envoy to promote religious freedom of religious minorities in the Near East and South Central Asia despite the State Department's objection sailed through the House on a 402-20 vote one year ago and has been lingering in the Senate since January. After hitting an impasse with Webb, the co-chairman of the bipartisan Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission publicly castigated him by publicly sharing a letter he'd sent to the senator Wednesday night.

“I learned several months ago that you had a hold on the legislation, and were blocking it from moving forward. I cannot understand why. More importantly, I would venture that the Coptic Christians, Baha’is, Chaldo-Assyrians, Ahmadis, small remaining Jewish population and countless other religious minorities throughout the Middle East and South Central Asia who face daily persecution, hardship, violence, instability and even death would be hard-pressed to see your objection to this straight-forward, bipartisan legislation,” Wolf wrote in the letter.

“Will a special envoy guarantee these communities’ survival – and even flourishing – in the lands they have inhabited for centuries? I do not know. But I am certain, that to do nothing is not an option – lest on this administration’s and this Congress’ watch we witness a Middle East emptied of ancient faith communities, foremost among them the beleaguered Christian community.”

The bill also has bipartisan in the Senate, where it was introduced by Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and Carl Levin (D-Mich.). Webb, who chairs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's panel on East Asia and Pacific Affairs, however believes Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2012/07/democrat-holds-up-legislation-to-protect-middle-east-religious-minorities-sanctions-obamas-abandonme.html