I encourage conservatives and Patriots alike to pause for a minute

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

14101The Patriot Post:

Scissors-32x32.png

I encourage conservatives and Patriots alike to pause for a minute and allow me to offer a perspective on Chief Justice John Roberts' shocking ruling -- a perspective that differs from the conventional reasoning that resulted in the condemnation of Roberts by commentators and political pundits. While I certainly agree that Roberts grossly violated his sacred oath to faithfully uphold our Constitution, I conclude he did so very deliberately in a dangerous gambit in support of our Constitution -- which is to say, he has not departed for the Dark Side.

My first response to a non sequitur like Roberts' decision, where a conclusion does not logically follow a well-established premise, is to determine what premise it does follow.

In this case, since Roberts' decision wholly departed from everything we know about him as a jurist and from the erudite opinions of his constructionist colleagues on the court, his conclusion must be based on an alternative premise. While some have asserted that the chief justice's motive was to reset the limits on the Commerce Clause, I believe his overarching motive was much more blunt, and rendered for philosophical reasons that, Scissors-32x32.png