Federal Judge Richard Posner: The GOP Has Made Me Less Conservative

Valin

federal-judge-richard-posner-the-gop-has-made-me-less-conservative?live=1NPR:

Nina Totenberg

7/5/12

Judge Richard Posner, a conservative on the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago, has long been one of the nation's most respected and admired legal thinkers on the right. But in an interview with NPR, he expressed exasperation at the modern Republican Party, and confessed that he has become "less conservative" as a result.

Posner expressed admiration for President Ronald Reagan and the economist Milton Friedman, two pillars of conservatism. But over the past 10 years, Posner said, "there's been a real deterioration in conservative thinking. And that has to lead people to re-examine and modify their thinking."

"I've become less conservative since the Republican Party started becoming goofy," he said.

(Click On Link for audio)

My My My how our little Dick has grown, matured.

"I've become less conservative since the Republican Party started becoming goofy," he said.

Doesn't show a lot of spine, does he?

Is that like saying:

" I have started sinning more since the Bible started being translated into goofy Newspeak"?

Liberalism: it's a cancer and it's spreading,

@Pepper

Why can't Republicans be more like they used to be? Me Too only less. It's that darn Bill Buckley...he started it all, before he came along everything was so much nicer...and Republicans knew their place!

Draggingtree

@Pepper

Why can't Republicans be more like they used to be? Me Too only less. It's that darn Bill Buckley...he started it all, before he came along everything was so much nicer...and Republicans knew their place!

Maybe We Really Do Need a Third Party

Posted by Erick Erickson (Diary)

Saturday, July 7th at 12:48PM EDT

“The problem for the GOP is that it is in danger of fracturing, not because it has moved so far right, but because it refuses to actually practice what it preaches.”

Senator Max Baucus of Montana receives campaign donations from the parent company of Phillip Morris. Senator Baucus then puts a provision in the highway transportation bill banning roll your own cigarette operations, a business that does not exist in Montana.

Forty people in Harry Reid’s Nevada and elsewhere will lose their jobs because a transportation bill actively and willfully legislated a legal business out of business by driving up the regulatory burden so excessively. Major cigarette manufacturers championed the legislation and Republicans supported it because it will increase tax revenue without them voting to raise taxes.

Put bluntly, Republicans voted to do exactly what they accuse the Democrats of doing — shut down businesses by driving up regulatory burdens in an effort to increase taxes.

Max Baucus may have inserted the provision, but it made it through Republican House of Representatives. Maybe we do need snip Read More http://www.redstate....-a-third-party/

Rant and thats what Judge "Richard" is talking about.