The 2010 Census, Obama-Style?

Geee

the_2010_census_obama-style.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Do you remember when the Obama regime decided that the executive branch would control the 2010 Census? The U.S. census is conducted every ten years by the Commerce Department in order to count the population of the United States. The results of the census determine the redrawing of congressional districts. And the redrawing of congressional districts has an impact on the balance of power in Congress for the next ten years.

U.S. Rep Rob Bishop, R-Utah said at the time, "It takes something that is supposedly apolitical like the census, and gives it to a guy who is infamously political." Bishop was referring to the former Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who was tasked by Obama to conduct the census.

Many people wondered about the power-grab, and there was speculation that Obama was doing this to control congressional redistricting. Having seen the promised Obama "transparency" over the last three and a half years for the lie that it was, and knowing that Obama has a problem telling the truth and tends to manipulate numbers, I decided to look into the 2010 Census figures in my home state of Texas to see if I could detect anything amiss.

The first point of data that might raise some eyebrows is that my family was never counted. We never received a census survey in the mail, and we never had anyone visit our home, where we have lived for the last thirteen years, despite repeated requests to friends who were employed as census workers in our county, and even despite telling the census worker (twice) who was assigned to survey the residents along our private road that we had not been surveyed. The census worker was much too interested in asking questions about a Hispanic family that visited their property on some weekends than actually surveying a family that lived on that same road full-time.

Is it possible that after the surveys were submitted that the numbers were cooked in the same way to achieve a political agenda? Based on what we have seen from the Obama regime so far, I would say it can't be ruled out.

After looking at the census numbers from 1990 to 2010, it appears to me that whites may have been undercounted in Texas in the 2010 Census. For some background data and comparison, let us look at the two previous census reports. In the 1990 Census, the total Texas population was 16,986,510, with a white population of 10,291,680 and a Hispanic population of 4,339,905. In the 2000 Census, the total Texas population was 20,851,820, with a white population of 10,933,313 (a gain of 641,633, or a growth rate of 6.2%) and a Hispanic population of 6,669,666 (a gain of 2,329,761, or a growth rate of 53%). In the 2010 Census, Texas had a reported total population of 25,145,561, with a white population of 11,397,345 (a gain of only 464,032, or a growth rate of only 4.2%), while the Hispanic population was reported at 9,460,921 (a gain of 2,791,255, for a growth rate of 42%).Scissors-32x32.png