Roberts Too Clever By Half

Geee

@Evad

I expect this will help the right side gain victory in November.

You may be right Pepper.

It still doesn't justify shredding the Constitution..IMO.

I'm not believing in any more silver linings until I can actually see them.

Draggingtree

Save The ObamaCare Adrenalin For GOTV Efforts

Posted on | June 29, 2012 | 21 Comments and 14 Reactions

by Smitty

Surveying the blogs, there is as much certainty about how to interpret Chief Justice Roberts after the fact as there was about the ObamaCare decision prior to issue. Clearly, John Roberts is a strong contender for the All-Time Shrewdest Judas award.

While we can all berate Roberts for not simply doing the minimal job, the question begins and ends with the American people, in November 2008 and November 2012. Note this clip of two ladies whose hotness is only exceeded by their excellent analysis: snip Read More http://theothermccain.com/2012/06/29/save-the-obamacare-adrenalin-for-gotv-efforts/

http://youtu.be/Rhv6Tjsuqis

Draggingtree

Thanks to Red State and Stable Hand for this posting

June 29, 2012

ZoNation: Health Care Reform Will Not Be Televised

Right on.

h/t Mean Kitteh

By Stable Hand at 06:02 PM

Draggingtree

July 1, 2012

Still Struggling with the Roberts-as-Hero Theory

By Daren Jonescu

I've tried -- I really have tried -- to accept the kindest reading of Chief Justice Roberts' decision and opinion on ObamaCare. But, so far at least, I just can't bring myself to see the positive here, let alone evidence that Roberts has outsmarted anyone, except perhaps himself.

I am speaking, of course, of the general opinion, gaining a lot of traction in conservative circles, that by rejecting the case for ObamaCare's unconstitutionality as such, and wresting the majority opinion from the hands of the leftist justices he joined, Roberts was able to score a subtle victory for conservative principles. If this interpretation, in its various forms, were being pitched only by the usual Beltway pundit suspects (Will, Krauthammer, et al), I wouldn't be making the effort to understand and accept it.

However, the theory is being espoused -- and has been consistently espoused from the outset -- by some non-establishment Republicans as well, including a few whose minds and motives I respect.

I therefore feel obliged to address their case directly, rather than ignore them, as I would if they were merely the usual suspects I mentioned above.

First, as for the idea that Roberts has made a brilliant strategic calculation, throwing the individual mandate back in Congress' lap as a tax, rather than a penalty, I have to join those who have asked whether it falls within the constitutional authority of a Supreme Court justice to engage in political gamesmanship of this sort, however cleverly conceived or well-intentioned.

Some argue that Roberts was making a conservative case for Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/still_struggling_with_the_roberts-as-hero_theory.html#ixzz1zNpMIIX1