Follow the SCOTUS Ruling Live

Valin

The more I think about the penalty for non purchase of the insurance as a tax, the more appreciation I have for Roberts' decision. The feds cannot make you buy health insurance.

No they can just fine you is you don't. Someone explain to me how this is not forcing me to buy something? Use small words.

Because it is cheaper to pay the fine than to buy insurance.

Manyfold.

If you're trying to make me feel better....its not working.

saveliberty

The more I think about the penalty for non purchase of the insurance as a tax, the more appreciation I have for Roberts' decision. The feds cannot make you buy health insurance.

No they can just fine you is you don't. Someone explain to me how this is not forcing me to buy something? Use small words.

Manyfold.

Okay, how about this?

Jun 28, 2012

Romney raises over $2M off health care ruling

By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY

Updated 58m ago

Scissors-32x32.png

President Obama and Mitt Romney are using the Supreme Court's health care ruling to raise money for their respective campaigns.

"Obamacare upheld. Elections have consequences," reads the screen on Romney's website asking for campaign donations.

Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul tweeted the Republican received more than $2 million and more than 20,000 donations, as of about 4:50 p.m. ET.

Edited by saveliberty

@saveliberty

Better...but only if he's not blowing smoke up our butts...metaphorically speaking.

Remember he's a politician...and a smart politician, so this means he knows what we want to hear....and is willing to say it.

Draggingtree

Manyfold.

After all is said and done about the SCOTUS ruling today I’ll like to offer this poem up for this is how I feel about what was said by this ruling.

Invictus (Latin for "unconquered)

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

Draggingtree

Now after that post think I'll thank Jawa Report for this post by Vinnie over at Red State

June 28, 2012

After Careful Study Of Today's Supreme Court Ruling On Obamacare

And my reading of the right wing blogs that are posting about it, I only have this to say.

A message to the left.

. November is coming.

By Vinnie at 06:32 PM |

Manyfold.

Ding ding.

Especially since you can "opt in" whenever you want.

So, you just pay the fine/penalty/tax until something comes up where you really need insurance, then you jump in.

• Like 1

I listened to Rush and Hannity this afternoon; I didn't listen to Levin as it would be only more of the depressing same..

You guys are ALL hysterical.

NOBODY is going to stump on the campaign advocating CUTTING any government spending / entitlement program.

You guys are delusional if you think that's going to happen.

http://www.mises.org...astiat-18011850

There won't be ANY revolution in that most of the players of significance will state: "I'm too old to get involved."

Most, if not all, won't even know who the woman that stopped communism in Brazil was. The virtual entirety of individuals you speak with in that regard just won't care.

That'll be true so long as one can watch the various 'Idol', professional sport shows on cable.

It is my belief the early warning will be when the rabbit-ear broadcasts are terminaterd.

ObamaCare: The Audio Version

Adam Freedman

6/28/12

Here's my quick take on the ObamaCare decision. In about 13 minutes, I aim to give you the good (there is some), the bad, and the ugly.

(Click On Link)

There was a very interesting question in the comment section

Brasidas

Very much enjoy and appreciate your analysis, Adam. If you have time and happen to see this question, do you have any thoughts on the viability of the mandate if it is now considered to be a tax? Tax bills must originate in the House of Representatives, yet the ACA originated in the Senate. So, did Roberts plant a seed of destruction by designating this a tax.