The Fairness Card

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

American Thinker

June 25, 2012

The Fairness Card

By Cindy Simpson

In the game of Obama politics, the Race Card and the Bush Card are frequently played to trump most any criticism of Obama or his policies. While those cards tend to be the most oft-used defensive tactics, the most effective offensive card in the Obama campaign's hand is the Fairness Card. Take this recent example, when Obama said:

If you believe this economy grows best when everybody gets a fair shot and everybody does their fair share and everybody plays by the same set

of rules, then I ask you to stand with me for a second term as president.

Although the grown-ups in the room see that statement for what it is -- an appeal to the juvenile thinker, a large boulder to add to the chips accumulating on the 99%-er's shoulder -- we can't ignore the fact that the Fairness Card is extremely persuasive. Millions of voters will never even attempt to understand the philosophical and economic lessons valiantly offered by Republican candidates. The unhappy voters are looking for someone to blame -- Racists, Bush, Republicans, the Rrrrich, Wall Street Fat Cats, Tea Partiers, etc. Because you know how spoiled kids think when the going gets tough: the dog ate my homework, and Suzy got a bigger cookie.

The very nature of Obama's statement implies that his opposition does not ensure all the fairness he offers, leaving childish minds to wonder: if I'm not getting my fair share or fair shot, that means somebody else is getting more or mine! No fair!

According to the dictionary, "fair" means "marked by impartiality and honesty, free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism" and "conforming with the established rules," and its synonym is "equal." Next to "no," "more," and "mine," "not fair" is likely among the earliest expressions learned by every toddler. But in the juvenile lexicon, the implied meaning is that one didn't get something one wants or thinks one deserves, or that one is comparing himself to someone else.

Actually, the word "fair" is nowhere found in either the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution. Our Creator created us "equal" at birth, but it is not the Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/06/the_fairness_card.html

That's not fair.....

crybaby-12.jpg

It's one of the first complete sentences out of most kid's mouths as they attempt to deal with the world.

Translation: I can't have what I want.

My response: Shut up and eat your mush!