Fork it over: Secret Service confiscates utensils at Obama speech

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

fork-it-over-secret-service-confiscates-utensils-at-obama-speechFox News:

It seems the Secret Service can't be too careful.

Shortly before President Obama addressed a gathering of Latino officials -- whose support he is actively seeking -- guests at the Friday conference were told to hurry up and finish lunch. The reason? The president's security wanted to make sure all sharp-edged utensils were cleared away.

The surprise announcement came from Raquel Regalado, a board member for the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials.

"It's very important that you use your utensils as soon as possible," she told the Florida crowd.

Chuckling through her own warning, Regalado noted they'd be having "another speaker" -- the president -- and "there is some Secret Service involved."

"So there's a reason why there's no knives at your table, and the forks will be collected," she said. "And I'm not joking."

Video of the announcement quickly made its way to the web, as bloggers opined about what the security precaution said about the president's trust level with his audience.

But it turns out the Secret Service routinely tries to keep sharp utensils out of reach during presidential visits. Guests just typically don't hear an announcement about it.

"It is a common practice for the USSS to ensure tables are cleared of any materials that may be deemed a possible hazard prior to the arrival of the president," Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said. "Any implication that this was unique for this event is completely inaccurate."

________

No sharp objects to distract from the President's shiny ones...

As over the top as this is, I do understand the "reason" behind it...but someone high up in the campaign should have said ay some point..."You're going to do [/b]WHAT![/b] Are you insane!!

If the Secret Service had their way the President the 1st Lady, their children (if any) would never leave the White House....and no one would be allowed with in 100 miles of the place.

They'd have to confiscate my fork if I were to be at an Obama function...

fork-you.jpg

They take the eating utensils away from the Hispanic guests....

I wonder what precautions they take with some of the gansta entertainers and friends that have been invited to the Obama White House?

http://allhiphop.com/2012/04/29/barack-obama-shouts-out-young-jeezy-at-white-house-correspondents-dinner/

Young Jeezy finally received a well-deserved nod from President Obama at the White House Correspondants Dinner Saturday night.

After being asked what would happen a second term, the president joked to the glee of the audience in attendance.

“In my first term, I sang Al Green; in my second term, I’m going with Young Jeezy,” the president quipped.

“My President” was the fourth single from Young Jeezy’s third album, The Recession. The album was recorded the day Barack Obama was confirmed as the Democratic presidential nominee.

jeezy.jpg

Young Jeezy

Rereading the lame Obama quip saying that he'd be going with Young Jeezy... I contrast the direction that he sets for the young AA community versus the constructive admonitions from social and political leaders like Bill Cosby and Philadelphia mayor Nutter.

With the current failed state of too many young black men... and especially the scores of B on B killings weekly in his hometown of Southside Chicago... this is the wrong message for the "First Black President" to be sending to the country.

This makes me furious... very fast.