Senate Passes Fat, Pork-Laden Farm Bill Like Fat Pigs at a Fat Trough, Fatly

Valin

330323.phpAce Of Spades:

6/21/12

The Agriculture Reform, Food and Jobs Act of 2012 is now headed to the House. $969 billion. ("Hey, guys, whatever you do, don't go over a trillion dollars, okay? Otherwise, people might notice.") It covers programs for five years, but so what? 16 Republicans joined with 46 Democrats.

Look, even Frank Lautenberg and Mary Landrieu voted against this fat thing.

I understand that it will cut 23.6 billion in spending and shift aid to crop-insurance programs, but why is the taxpayer on the hook for any of this? And on that 23 billion dollars in savings? Why is it calculated over a ten year period? Is that to make the saving appear larger than they really are?

(Snip)

Evidently The Senate didn't get the memo...we are Broke!

angry.pngwallbash.gif

Oh I wish I could disagree with you.

It's worse than just the money spent/wasted. Its the mindset behind it all, the mindset/worldview that says this is the job of government. This mindset/worldview is going away, it belongs in the last century, this top down bureaucratic model, what Walter Mead calls the Blue Social Model is dead...it just doesn't realize it yet.

Draggingtree

angry.pngwallbash.gif

Oh I wish I could disagree with you.

It's worse than just the money spent/wasted. Its the mindset behind it all, the mindset/worldview that says this is the job of government. This mindset/worldview is going away, it belongs in the last century, this top down bureaucratic model, what Walter Mead calls the Blue Social Model is dead...it just doesn't realize it yet.

I watched part of the votes on some of what they added (dems) DeMint wanted to hold his bill to 25 mill voted down by party line vote increase to 50 mil, well just 138 day left till perhaps the Senate in back in thinking heads-- hopefull