AP sources: Administration mulls pared health law

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

US_HEALTH_CARE_OVERHAUL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-06-18-16-22-27AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Covering all the bases ahead of a momentous Supreme Court ruling, the Obama administration plans to move ahead with major parts of the president's health care law if its most controversial provision does not survive, according to veteran Democrats closely involved with the legislation.

Even if the requirement that nearly every U.S. resident have health insurance is declared unconstitutional, the remaining parts of the law would have far-reaching impact, putting coverage within reach of millions of uninsured people, laying new obligations on insurers and employers, and improving Medicare benefits even as payments to many service providers get scaled back.

The White House says President Barack Obama is confident the whole law will be upheld when the court issues its ruling in the next week or two, but officials will be ready for any outcome.

"We do believe it's constitutional, and we ... hope and expect that's the decision the court will render," senior adviser David Plouffe said Sunday on ABC. "We obviously will be prepared for whatever decision the court renders." Administration officials have not wanted to discuss contingency plans to avoid creating the impression that the president is preparing for a high court rebuke.

Nevertheless, the Obama administration will move ahead to implement major elements of the law if the individual coverage requirement is struck down, two senior Democrats told The Associated Press. One is a leading Democrat familiar with the administration's thinking, the other a high-level Capitol Hill staffer. The two Democrats spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid appearing to be out of step with the administration's public stance.

________

The Obama administration prepares for Plan B, an admission of possible defeat?

I would be very surprised if the white house didn't have a leaker from their appointees.

Even with that it could be a head fake.

Draggingtree

Top 5 Most Ridiculous Democrat Healthcare Quotes

Jake Smikes June 22, 2012 2:42 pm

image1.jpeg With the Supreme Court’s ruling on healthcare in the horizon, I thought we could take a trip down memory lane and revisit the five most ridiculous Democrat quotes on Health Care reform. [We won't even be considering Nancy Pelosi's quote about passing the health care bill to see what's in it - that would be too easy.]

1. August 5th:They’re carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on health care.” — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

2. August 6th: “I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” —

at a rally in Virginia.

3. August 10th:These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views — but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply Scissors-32x32.png Read More http://www.ijreview....lthcare-quotes/