Young, Gifted, and Cool

Valin

young-gifted-and-cool-mark-steynNRO:

Mark Steyn

6/13/12

The point to remember, Jonah, is that anything you say about the president, his policies, or anybody standing in the general vicinity is a racist codeword. For example, I was shocked during the Obamacare debate to hear you express concern about wait-times for hip replacements in Scotland when everyone knows “hip” is a synonym for “cool” and that “cool” is a synonym for “Barack.”

And only last week you wondered why Obama was co-hosting a fundraiser with Sarah Jessica Parker and Anna Wintour, “that ridiculous Vogue editor a good two decades too old to go around with her hair in a pageboy,” and when I said, “‘Boy?’ What Bull Connor biopic have you just stepped out of?”, you said, “Okay, her hair’s in a bob,” and I had to remind you that “Bob” is a common monosyllabic male name much like “George,” which you probably still bark at your Pullman Porters when they’re lugging your steamer trunks off the caboose. And you replied, “I am not speaking in racist codewords!”, which everyone knows is code for “I am incapable of speaking in anything but racist codewords.”

(Snip)