Green power corrupts, again

Geee

722316Washington Examiner:

New emails provided to Congress show substantial White House involvement in directing Department of Energy subsidized loans to BrightSource Energy, a company that received a $1.6 billion loan guarantee from the government to build the world's largest solar power plant in the Mojave Desert.

These emails reveal that Jonathan Silver, executive director of the Energy Department's loan guarantee program, was helping draft a letter from John Bryson, chairman of the board of BrightSource Energy, to then-White House Chief of Staff William Daley requesting help in obtaining the loan. These emails were written from Silver's personal account during business hours.

In October, Bryson became President Obama's secretary of commerce.

On Saturday, Bryson, driving in California, had a seizure and was involved multiple car accidents. He has temporarily stepped down from his position as commerce secretary.

In this space last week, I wrote about previously released emails by the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, which detailed BrightSource's request to Silver for assistance with emails to Daley from Bryson.

John M. Woolard, president and CEO of BrightSource Energy, wanted Silver to review a draft letter that Bryson planned to send to Daley, then-chief of staff to Obama. "Either email or call when you can with suggestions," Woolard wrote early in the morning of March 7, 2011.

Prior to the disclosure of a new batch of emails, it could not be ascertained whether Silver did agree to edit Bryson's draft letter to Daley. But the new documents make it clear that Silver edited the letter from his personal email account during office hours and provided advice to BrightSolar on March 7 and 8, 2011.

It would have been improper for a government official to have assisted an applicant for a government loan program using a government computer on government time. But it's impossible to believe that using a nongovernmental account makes the action appropriate. Indeed, it appears to be an effort to conceal an unseemly activity.

Silver's email to Woolard stated, "My comments/changes are interspersed. I've tried to turn this into a memo that we can all support as drafted. I have to be honest and say that its [sic] off-target."Scissors-32x32.png

We see this stuff on a daily basis and it (and all the other crap) just reinforces what we already know about this administration. Many Americans don't see this stuff on a daily or any other basis because they either just don't care or they purposely choose not to. And they don't believe you or me even when we tell it to them. It's like they're holding their hands over their ears and screaming.

The ones who really should be giving this kind of news to those Americans are the Main Stream Media. But they don't want it out. They ignore it. They cover it up.

So how do we get those Americans to read, think, use common sense and make rational decisions for themselves?

I guess it's a lot like trying to get an atheist to believe the Bible.