Dems block McCain resolution on special counsel for leaks

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

232265-dems-block-mccain-resolution-on-special-counsel-for-leaksThe Hill:

Senate Democrats blocked a resolution introduced by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) calling for Attorney General Eric Holder to introduce an outside special counsel to investigate a number of recent military and intelligence leaks.

McCain introduced a resolution Tuesday expressing the Senate's support for Holder to appoint a special prosecutor. But Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) objected after McCain asked for unanimous consent that the Senate proceed to consideration of his resolution.

"What is at issue here is whether or not we are going to give an opportunity for U.S. attorneys, professionals in their fields, to handle this particular inquiry," Wyden said. "And I see no evidence, Mr. President, that the way U.S. attorneys are handling this investigation at this time is not with the highest standards of professionalism."

McCain said that recent military and intelligence leaks warranted outside legal counsel to investigate the leaks.

"The damage to our national security has been articulated by many both in and outside the administration," McCain said.

A week earlier, McCain had called for a special counsel to look into a number of leaks related to a report about an Obama administration "kill list" of terrorists as well as a story about a U.S. cyberattack against Iran. Democrats have so far refused to back McCain on the resolution.

________

Yeah, I'm sure this investigation will be completely professional and above-board...

Draggingtree

An Annotated Guide to All Those White House Leaks

The 10 Obama administration disclosures that Attorney General Eric Holder should investigate.

BY URI FRIEDMAN |JUNE 13, 2012

In an appearance before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, Attorney General Eric Holder dismissedRepublican calls for a special counsel outside of the Justice Department to investigate a spate of recent leaks. GOP politicians such as Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsay Graham (R-SC) have accused the White House of illegally and irresponsibly authorizing the disclosure of classified information on the government's counterterrorism efforts, targeted killings, and cyberattacks against Iranin an effort to score political points and bolster the president's national security credentials. Holder has assigned two U.S. attorneys to probe the recent national security leaks. "And the charge that I've given them is to follow the leads wherever they are," he told the committee, "in the executive branch or some other component of government." President Barack Obama, for his part, has called such allegations "offensive" and "wrong

The scope of the Justice Department's investigation remains unclear, perhaps, as the New York Timessuggests, because revealing which leaks are the focus of the probe "would implicitly confirm that certain reports contained accurate classified information." (Some have predicted that the investigation will focus less on drone strikes and more on the cyberattacks against Iran and an Associated Press report in May on a foiled bomb plot by al Qaeda's Yemen affiliate.)

But the texts at the heart of the current debate -- a New York Timesarticleby David Sanger (based on a new book), another New York Timesarticleby Jo Becker and Scott Shane, and a Newsweekarticle by Daniel Klaidman (also based on a new book) -- have all come out within the last two weeks, creating a kind of tipping point of juicy leaks Scissors-32x32.pngRead More

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/06/13/an_annotated_guide_to_all_those_white_house_leaks

Rant ----well sure you will look into the leaks your boss and his team have been doing

LMFAO.gif

RidesAPaleHorse

Kinda like letting the jihadis guard the gates of Gitmo............

But hey! They were for it before they were against it!

Shows just how much these phony dems are REALLY concerned about national security.

(spit)

Draggingtree

Corruptocrat Eric Holder's GOP Enablers

By Michelle Malkin

June 15, 2012

While calls for U.S. Attorney General Eric "Stonewall" Holder's resignation grow and the House GOP gears up for a contempt vote next week, it's worth remembering how we got into this mess. In two words: feckless bipartisanship.

"I like Barack Obama and want to help him if I can." That was Utah GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch in January 2009, just weeks before the Senate voted on President Obama's attorney general nominee, Eric Holder. Right out of the gate, upon Obama's election in November 2008, Hatch signaled that he would greenlight the administration's top law enforcer.

"I start with the premise that the president deserves the benefit of the doubt," the six-term incumbent Hatch told The Hill newspaper. "I don't think politics should be played with the attorney general."

Utah voters, mark those words. Bending to bipartisanship for bipartisanship's sake -- and ignoring the obvious consequences -- is playing politics.

And, conservatives, please remember the actions of all 19 Republican senators who ignored Holder's abominable career as a political fixer and confirmed him. "I found Mr. Holder to be a good listener, which is an important prerequisite for any good leader," Missouri GOP Sen. Kit Bond explained in support of the nomination. "I believe him when he says that he's willing to take good ideas from wherever they come."

In addition to Hatch and Bond, the other 17 Senate Republicans who helped put Holder in place at the Justice Department were: Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://patriotpost.us/opinion/13824