Florida, Rick Scott Sue Feds Over Voter Purge

Valin

feds-and-florida-headed-to-court-over-voter-purgeFox News:

6/12/12

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Florida Gov. Rick Scott and his administration have filed a lawsuit against two different federal agencies demanding that the state be given the right to check names of its registered voters against an immigration database maintained by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The lawsuit came the same day that the U.S. Department of Justice announced its plan to ask a federal court to block the state from pushing ahead with removing potential non-U.S. citizens from the voter rolls. Authorities contend that the state's effort violates federal voting laws.

"Please immediately cease this unlawful conduct," wrote Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez to Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner.

(Snip)

Authorities contend that the state's effort violates federal voting laws.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but would someone please explain to me how on earth removal of NON-U.S. CITIZENS from voter rolls violates a federal voting law?? If that's really in our federal voting law, then we're all screwed.

Authorities contend that the state's effort violates federal voting laws.

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but would someone please explain to me how on earth removal of NON-U.S. CITIZENS from voter rolls violates a federal voting law?? If that's really in our federal voting law, then we're all screwed.

Dang I'm with you, I just assumed if you weren't a citizen you couldn't vote, pretty simple