Holder taps two U.S. prosecutors to investigate leaks

Geee

holder-taps-two-us-prosecutors-investigate-leaWashington Times:

Attorney General Eric Holder late Friday afternoon appointed two U.S. attorneys to lead separate investigations into unauthorized leaks of classified information, giving the two prosecutors full latitude to follow all potential leads within the executive and legislative branches of government.

Ronald Machen, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, and Rod Rosenstein, the U.S. attorney for the District of Maryland, will work with the FBI and lead a pair of criminal investigations into the leaks.

“I have every confidence in their abilities to doggedly follow the facts and the evidence in the pursuit of justice where it leads,” Mr. Holder said.

In appointing Mr. Machen and Mr. Rosenstein, the attorney general made clear that they are fully authorized to prosecute criminal violations as a result of their investigation, consult with members of the intelligence community and follow all investigative leads regardless of where they originate.

Mr. Holder said he has notified members of Congress and said he plans to brief members of the Judiciary and Intelligence Committees “as appropriate.”

“The unauthorized disclosure of classified information can compromise the security of this country and all Americans, and it will not be tolerated,” Mr. Holder said in a statement. “The Justice Department takes seriously cases in which government employees and contractors entrusted with classified information are suspected of willfully disclosing such classified information to those not entitled to it, and we will do so in these cases as well.”

President Obama defiantly defended himself Friday from a barrage of criticism for a series of national security leaks, most recently a report in the New York Times about U.S. cyber attacks on Iranian computers that run its nuclear enrichment facilities.

During a press conference with reporters, Mr. Obama denied the leaks were intentional and deliberately orchestrated to help boost his foreign policy bona fides ahead of the November election.

“The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information if offensive,” he told reporters. “It’s wrong.”Scissors-32x32.png

To bad he won't do the same about Fast & Furious, & Voter Fraud. Not that I expect anything to come of this "investigation".

I mean those of us who have been around for a while have seen this movie before.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Holder appoints two U.S. attorneys to lead leak investigations

By Laura E. Davis | The Ticket

Attorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to lead investigations into the possible unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

A statement from the Justice Department says the prosecutors assigned to direct criminal probes already being conducted by the FBI are Ronald C. Machen Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, and Rod J. Rosenstein, U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland. Scissors-32x32.pngRead More http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/holder-appoints-2-attorneys-probe-leaks-232718917.html;_ylt=An11WIp2WU3AQSr3inBmyEebCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTFtZmcwNDFlBG1pdANCbG9nIGluZGV4IGZvciBUaGUgVGlja2V0BHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJsb2dJbmRleA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Well one was appointed by George W. (Rod J. Rosenstein)

This one was appointed by Obama (Ronald C. Machen Jr)

Holder appoints two U.S. attorneys to lead leak investigations

By Laura E. Davis | The Ticket

Attorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to lead investigations into the possible unauthorized disclosure of classified information.

A statement from the Justice Department says the prosecutors assigned to direct criminal probes already being conducted by the FBI are Ronald C. Machen Jr., the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, and Rod J. Rosenstein, U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland. Scissors-32x32.pngRead More http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/holder-appoints-2-attorneys-probe-leaks-232718917.html;_ylt=An11WIp2WU3AQSr3inBmyEebCMZ_;_ylu=X3oDMTFtZmcwNDFlBG1pdANCbG9nIGluZGV4IGZvciBUaGUgVGlja2V0BHBvcwMxBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJsb2dJbmRleA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpMm9iMzh1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANibG9nBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

Well one was appointed by George W. (Rod J. Rosenstein)

This one was appointed by Obama (Ronald C. Machen Jr)

Sorry this is sound and fury signifying....nothing.

How far back do you want to go to find other Presidents being driven nuts by leaks?

This can be solved by simply only having people in positions of power that don't have egos, that don't want to prove they are really important.

Of course 6,000 years of history tells us this is....unlikely.

Draggingtree

Obama: Notion I Would ‘Purposely Release Classified National Security Information Is Offensive’

President Barack Obama addressed allegations from a bipartisan group of Congressional Representatives that suggest that the White House is intentionally leaking sensitive information relating to national security. president Obama said it was “offensive” to suggest that his White House would release sensitive details of national security-related operations and that people need to have a “better sense of how I approach this office and how the people around me approach this office.”

In a press conference addressing the ongoing finical crisis in Europe, the President was asked to discuss concerns raised on Thursday by members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees that called into question recent leaks of security-related secrets from the White House.

First, I’m not going to comment on the details of what are supposed to be classified items. Second, as Commander in Chief, the issues that you’ve mentioned touch on our national security, touch on critical issues of war and peace and they are classified for a reason – because they’re sensitive. And, because the people involved may in some cases be in danger if they are carrying out these operations.

And when this information, or reports, whether true or false, surface on the front page of newspapers, that makes the job of folks on the frontlines tougher and makes my job tougher. Which is why, since I’ve been in office, my attitude has been zero tolerance for these kinds of leaks and speculation.

Now, we have mechanisms in place where, if we can route out folks that have leaked, they will suffer consequences. In some cases, these are criminal acts when they release information like this. And we will conduct thorough investigations – as we have done in the past.

Obama said he was personally insulted at the suggestion Scissors-32x32.pngblush.png Read More

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obama-notion-i-would-purposely-release-classified-national-security-information-is-offensive/

Draggingtree

Senators to President: Appoint 'Outside Special Counsel' to Investigate Leaks

9:46 AM, Jun 9, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

Yesterday evening, it was announced that Attorney General Eric Holder appointed two prosecutors to investigate alleged national security leaks to the media from the White House. But now two leading Senate Republicans are urging President Obama to appoint independent "outside special counsel" to investigate leaks, instead.

"It is imperative that an independent investigation be conducted where the results could be accepted with a high degree of confidence and without a hint of political considerations," Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham say in a joint statement. "We are confident the two U.S. Attorneys hand-picked by Attorney General Holder are fine men. However, if there was ever a situation where we needed an outside special counsel that would enjoy bipartisan acceptance and widespread public trust, it is now." Scissors-32x32.png Read More http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senators-president-appoint-outside-special-counsel-investigate-leaks_646867.html

RidesAPaleHorse

"Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham say in a joint statement. "We are confident the two U.S. Attorneys hand-picked by Attorney General Holder are fine men. However, if there was ever a situation where we needed an outside special counsel that would enjoy bipartisan acceptance and widespread public trust, it is now."

Right. And I've heard ducks fart underwater too.

Matter of fact I've heard these two "ducks" fart WAY too much already.

A little less TALK and a lot more ACTION boys.