News of death camp killings becomes public for first time

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

Jun 1, 1942:

News of death camp killings becomes public for first time

On this day in 1942, a Warsaw underground newspaper, the Liberty Brigade, makes public the news of the gassing of tens of thousands of Jews at Chelmno, a death camp in Poland—almost seven months after extermination of prisoners began.

A year earlier, the means of effecting what would become the "Final Solution," the mass extermination of European Jewry, was devised: 700 Jews were murdered by channeling gas fumes back into a van used to transport them to the village of Chelmno, in Poland. This "gas van" would become the death chamber for a total of 360,000 Jews from more than 200 communities in Poland. The advantage of this form of extermination was that it was silent and invisible. Read More

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/news-of-death-camp-killings-becomes-public-for-first-time

@Draggingtree

Thanks!

Bringing this into more modern times, I wonder if people really understand that the Israelis really mean it when they say "NEVER AGAIN". And given they have Nukes, what this means. If I were living in (say) Cairo and it looked like Israel was losing a war, I'd get out of Dodge...fast. I am of the opinion that if the Israelis think they are going down, they're going to take everyone else in the region with them.

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

Thanks!

Bringing this into more modern times, I wonder if people really understand that the Israelis really mean it when they say "NEVER AGAIN". And given they have Nukes, what this means. If I were living in (say) Cairo and it looked like Israel was losing a war, I'd get out of Dodge...fast. I am of the opinion that if the Israelis think they are going down, they're going to take everyone else in the region with them.

Reason I posted this topic was in response to Obama, now I believe Israel will strike sooner than later at a time of there choosing