It's time for Beltway barnacle Orrin Hatch to go

Geee

article.php?id=51874Human Events:

Six-term entrenched incumbent Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, is attacking his conservative challenger, Dan Liljenquist, over his alleged support for tax hikes in Washington. My sides ache.

Liljenquist has never voted for federal tax hikes or massive entitlement spending or multibillion-dollar bailouts or serial debt-limit increases in Washington because he has never served in Washington. Never. Hatch, by contrast, has spent the last 36 years racking up a Big Government record that cannot be whitewashed away.

Outside the Beltway/Hatch fog machine, Liljenquist's integrity and commitment to reining in runaway spending are unassailable. In state legislative policy circles, he's known as the "Paul Ryan of Utah" -- after the courageous and wonky Wisconsin Republican congressman who's forcing kick-the-can politicians in both parties to reckon with welfare-state profligacy.

Liljenquist doesn't just preach fiscal discipline or embrace it during election years. He has led the way as a nationally honored budget and pension reformer in the Utah Senate. Unlike the 77-year-old Beltway barnacle Hatch, Liljenquist has spent his formative adult years excelling in the private sector as a global management consultant and business strategist. He also helmed a privately owned call center company that grew from two to 1,500 employees since its 1995 founding.

As a state legislator over the past four years, Liljenquist pioneered tough state pension and Medicaid reforms that serve as models for the rest of the states. His hard work earned him the nonpartisan Governing magazine "2011 Public Official of the Year" award.

Liljenquist is everything that Republican establishment types -- who savaged lesser-prepared Tea Party candidates in 2008 -- say they want the next generation of GOP leaders to be: smart, principled, articulate and unquestionably prepared for the office he seeks.Scissors-32x32.png

logicnreason

Michelle, I suppose it's up to the voters in the great state of Utah as to whether the "barnacle" will remain in WDS or retire to one of his many properties.

Does "the barnacle" stand for re-election this go-round? If so, the voters of Utah have a chance to "scrape him off" so to speak. If they return him to office, it would mean they approve of what he's been about - regardless of your opinions to the contrary.

Michelle, I suppose it's up to the voters in the great state of Utah as to whether the "barnacle" will remain in WDS or retire to one of his many properties.

Does "the barnacle" stand for re-election this go-round? If so, the voters of Utah have a chance to "scrape him off" so to speak. If they return him to office, it would mean they approve of what he's been about - regardless of your opinions to the contrary.

ACU: Utah

Orin Hatch ratings

YOS

b]Lifetime

89.77[/b]

That makes him one of the most conservative senators in my life time.

You might want to listen to what The Great One says.

Valin, other than myself, the "Great One" would be....?????????

Mark Levin. Sean Hannity started calling him that a couple of years ago.

righteousmomma

I like Michelle and thank her for her courage and intelligence and many years of standing up for truth and rational common sense.

I like Mark and thank him for the same.

Both are entitled to their opinions.

Several prominent conservatives have endorsed Hatch.

I like Orrin Hatch.

He has made some accommodating decisions that are part of the reason many have called for cleaning house of old incumbents. I don't agree with that philosophy. Never have.

My point is that Michelle has reasons for her views and -right or wrong in this case - I applaud her intelligence and dedication to preserving this Republic

I do not care for Michael Savage's over the top rantings and ravings. Michelle Malkin is not a Michael Savage nor a Mark Levin nor an Ann Coulter nor a Glenn Beck nor a Rush Limbaugh nor any other conservative or libertarian.

In fact she is more of a Breitbart type.

They are all unique and desperately needed.

Thank God for each of them in this war for America' s soul.

I heard Mark's audio above on his show that day. A must listen for Utah folks, and anyone that questions Hatch.

Geee! I heard that, and I would support Hatch purely for his past role and potential roles in Supreme Court picks.

Geee! I heard that, and I would support Hatch purely for his past role and potential roles in Supreme Court picks.

But he's not perfect!

Actually what we are seeing here is a family fight over who really speaks for Conservatives.

At least that's my take on it.