Mystery Religion: Mr. Obama's Contradictory Conversions to Christianity

Geee

mystery_religion_mr_obamas_contradictory_conversions_to_christianity.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Reasonable people will agree that much of Mr. Obama's biography is not exactly an open book. Many things about him are unknown because they remain undisclosed, and much that has been disclosed leaves many questions unanswered at the same time as new ones are raised.

This article concerns something about Mr. Obama's life history that, to the best of my knowledge, has not yet been explored -- even though what is about to be discussed is, ironically, an "open book."

Readers are about to learn that Mr. Obama has supplied two completely contradictory accounts regarding the time frame of his conversion to Christianity.

Startlingly, Mr. Obama has adhered to a story that says he converted to Christianity sometime around 1987-88 as well as a story that says he converted in the early 1990s. Readers will see that this is easily verified with information the documentation of which cannot be contested.

Thus, unsurprisingly, part of what follows involves yet more dereliction of duty on behalf of the MSM. It also involves, though, questions about Mr. Obama's two autobiographies.

Dr. Jack Cashill has raised what many consider very good questions as to who really authored Mr. Obama's autobiographies. With respect to this issue, this article takes the stance that since Mr. Obama has never disavowed authorship, when it turns out that the autobiographies both contain and omit information that is detrimental to Mr. Obama's interests, reasonable people will hold Mr. Obama himself responsible.

So when did Mr. Obama actually convert to Christianity? Let's begin with the 1987-88 possibility. Mr. Obama, in an April 5, 2004 Chicago Sun-Times interview with Cathleen Falsani, says he went up for the altar call in Wright's church "16, 17 years ago. 1987 or 88."

It is hoped that readers will here forgive their writer a very brief aside that they may find interesting.

In response to Ms. Falsani's inquiry "what is sin," Mr. Obama replies with "being out of alignment with my values [emphasis added]."

Does this fit Christian doctrine? Those who have read Friedrich Nietzsche, the German philosopher and "Good European," will surely recognize that this kind of sentiment abounds in the man whose writings constituted works such as The Gay Science, The Will to Power, and The Anti-Christ. Is this a mere coincidence? Maybe, but please observe that in David Mendell's biography of Mr. Obama, entitled "Obama: From Promise to Power," Mendell indicates that Mr. Obama not only read, "but devoured the writings of Nietzsche" (p.61). "Devoured" is a powerful word, is it not?

In any event, guess what: Mr. Obama is not the only one who has placed his formal commitment to Christianity in the 1987-1988 time frame. Scissors-32x32.png

righteousmomma

Ahhhh, my kind of article for response. The author of the article makes a noble effort but an ineffectual one to rate Obama's "conversion".

If the author had stuck with his definition of sin alone she/he could have made a much more powerful case for a non conversion.

In 2007 I heard with my own ears (pre the infamous God curse America sermon) Wright call Jesus a "prophet".

He is. However when used by Black Liberation Theologians, Social Justice Adherents , South America Liberation Theologians and Muslims the office of prophet for Jesus has a completely different and UN- Biblical connotation. You might even say anti Bible, anti God and just plain humanistic.

Finally when individual folks do have a conversion they know it and their lives and actions and thoughts reflect it.

Maybe they don't know the exact date and maybe it is gradual but they know it and other true believers in Jesus discern it.

Circumcision of the heart and a process of transforming and renewing the mind by spiritual feeding comes naturally. Self gets off the throne of life.

No hunger, no growth - no conversion

Form without Power. - no conversion

The "prophet" comment reminded me of the lyrics of "Pilgrim" and especially the definition of a "pilgrim - A person who journeys to a sacred place for religious reasons."

I think Kris Kristopherson's words pretty well describe Barack Barry Hussein Obama Soetoro Ayers....

He's a poet, he's a picker

He's a prophet, he's a pusher

He's a pilgrim and a preacher, and a problem when he's stoned

He's a walkin' contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,

Takin' ev'ry wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

• Like 2

pollyannaish

Obama is simply an example of conversion for convenience.

He was born in Kenya when it profited him, even though that is a lie. He was a Muslim in childhood, because it paints him as apathetic, but a Christian because it gives him a Mainstream status.

I believe that Obama isn't spiritual in ANY sense. He is an opportunistic Marxist Humanist who uses what ever philosophy is convenient to "get back at the man" (whomever that might be at the moment).

If it is true that "by their fruits you will know them" then we have a pretty good indication of who hens and that is "whatever it takes."