The Crucial Trayvon Martin Evidence the Media Won’t Repeat

Geee

the-crucial-trayvon-martin-evidence-the-media-wont-repeatPJMedia:

The most damning part of the 183-page document dump released by the prosecution yesterday in the second-degree murder trial of George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin is the eyewitness the media would rather you never hear from.

The eyewitness did not see the beginning of the fight, but had a clear view of it when he heard George Zimmerman crying for help and went to his door. He saw George Zimmerman on his back on the ground. Trayvon Martin, according to the eyewitness, was sitting on Zimmerman’s chest, raining down blows from a mount position, “MMA style.” From the investigator’s description of a witness statement on page 38 of the discovery documentation, we learn:

When he investigated, he witnessed a black male, wearing a dark-colored “hoodie” on top of a white or Hispanic male and throwing punches “MMA (mixed martial arts) style.” He stated that he yelled out to the two individuals that he was going to call the police. He then heard a “pop.” He stated that after hearing the “pop,” he observed the person he had previously observed on top of the other person (the black male wearing the “hoodie”) laid out on the grass.

ADVERTISEMENT

The witness was 30 feet away, with a direct and apparently unobstructed line of sight to the fight.

The witness’s statement is transcribed in the next paragraph:

I heard yelling out back in grass area of home but not sure at first but after second “help” yell I opened blinds, and saw clothing but everything dark outside. I opened door and saw a guy on the ground getting hit by another man on top of him in the strattle [sic] position hitting a guy in red sweatshirt or on the bottom getting hit was yelling help (guy getting hit on ground was wearing red calling out help). I said I was calling the cops and ran upstairs then heard a gunshot. When I got upstairs I saw the guy on top who was hitting the guy in the red lain out on the grass as if he had been shot.

Let’s unpack that statement.

What the witness is referring to as “the strattle [sic] position” is what is also known as the “mount,” which is an offensive position in mixed martial arts. When one fighter has downed the other and assumed a dominant position (mounted), that top fighter has pinned the other to the ground and is sitting on his abdomen, using his body weight to keep the fighter in the bottom position from being able to move.

It is a very difficult position for a fighter who has been mounted to defend himself in, as the bottom fighter is an inviting target target for punches, forearm strikes, and elbow strikes. Also, he has only his forearms and hands to obstruct incoming blows.Scissors-32x32.png