Still Clueless: What Is the Tea Party?

Geee

still_clueless_what_is_the_tea_party.htmlAmerican Thinker:

Surprisingly, many on our side -- Republicans and conservatives -- are still clueless about the Tea Party or have a negative view of it. They have fallen prey to the mainstream media's rhetoric that we are a bunch of anti-government extremists with a few redneck racists thrown in for good measure.

But folks, this is not an accurate description of the Tea Party. Not by a long shot.

Ten years ago, at a social event, a politician told me he ran for office as a Republican and lost. Without skipping a beat, he said he was running again as a Democrat because they promised him better financial support. I thought, how is this possible? How can someone reverse their values to further their political career? Man, was I naive.

Though referring to Republicans, my buddy Joe eloquently nailed the problem in politics today: "As long as this is a party of men who seek power, rather than fight for principles seared into their souls, then the Republican Party stands for nothing other than being the opposing party to the Democrats."

"Principles seared into their souls." Such are the kind of candidates we in the Tea Party are seeking and rallying around: character-driven candidates who say what they mean and mean what they say. It is truly a sad commentary on the decline of our culture when such expectations are deemed fanatical. Good Lord, how far we have fallen.

Remember the elementary school tale of George Washington, where he was confronted by his father for cutting down the cherry tree? "I cannot tell a lie, father, ...I did cut it with my little hatchet." I know, I sound like a sappy old fart, expecting my elected representatives to be trustworthy.

Resentment against the corrupt modus operandi of both political parties has been festering in the hearts of the American people for years. We have silently tolerated their governing against our will and best interest -- spending to win votes and seeking power via ever-increasing intrusive government controls over our lives. Obama in his unprecedented arrogance and lawlessness was the straw that broke the camel's back -- thus birthing the Tea Party.

Due to my traveling on six Tea Party Express national bus tours, speaking and singing at over three hundred Tea Party rallies and related events, hearing people speak poorly about the Tea Party sparks the same emotional response in me as talking badly about my momma!Scissors-32x32.png

Surprisingly, many on our side -- Republicans and conservatives -- are still clueless about the Tea Party or have a negative view of it. They have fallen prey to the mainstream media's rhetoric that we are a bunch of anti-government extremists with a few redneck racists thrown in for good measure.

You mean we're not? Darn and I just ordered a new white robe.

principles seared into their souls.....

We have no such people in Maryland politics, but maybe....someday.......

What am I going to do with my white hood now??

Dye it in a rainbow colors? biggrin.png

Dye it in a rainbow colors? biggrin.png

LOL...and send it to Bambi.

He can use it in his most recent "divide and conquer" strategy.