Why the Health Nazis Are on the March

Geee

why_the_health_nazis_are_on_the_march.htmlAmerican Thinker:

They say "Jolly is the fat man," but perhaps not when he's being chased (and, I'm sure, caught) like a Frankenstein monster by the Body Cult crazies. And that is the case today, as it has become fashionable to affront the friendly-fronted.

It seems most anything goes now: bloated houses, bloated egos, bloated libidos, bloated bureaucracies, bloated government -- but not bloated bellies. And a perusal of the news makes this clear, with a never-ending stream of stories about obesity this and obesity that. For example, headlining Drudge the other day was a piece about how fathead officials in Massachusetts propose to ban school bake sales -- even before and after school hours -- to combat obesity. This, of course, is just the next step in a progression that has seen localities purge schools of cookies and sodas along with the faith and patriotism that were deemed unhealthful long before.

We also had the San Francisco Stupidvisors, who run the city (into the ground), who banned toys in McDonald's Happy Meals. Deliciously, the restaurant chain circumvented the law by charging an extra ten cents for those who want the toy. I would've really rubbed the health Nazis' noses in it and made it a penny.

Then there was the 2008 proposal by three legislators in Mississippi -- said to be the fattest state in the nation -- to prohibit portly people from dining in restaurants. The politicians said they were just trying to make a point with their measure. I wonder, though, given that the vast majority of gun crime (98% in New York City) is committed by blacks and Hispanics, would these bold statesmen seek to "make a point" by proposing to ban those groups from gun stores? Oh, that would be discriminatory? I see.

Although Mississippi Fat Burning never saw its opening day, other Orwellian measures have. For instance, a Missouri judge was accused of delaying an adoption until the prospective father lost weight, and last year, Ohio DCFS seized a boy from his parents because he was obese. This, despite the fact that if the president ate like his wife does, the boy would look like Obama's son.

The irony here is that most of the health Nazis probably would have had the overindulgent Ohio mother's back if she'd ended her boy's life in the womb. But merely increase the chances of shortening his life by feeding him too many Twinkies? You're a derelict mother!

When it's the matter of a body within a body, it's the bigger body's "choice," but when it's a matter of just a bigger body, you have no choice. My, how the scales of justice tip when you tip the scales.Scissors-32x32.png