No Justice For Tom DeLay

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

#art2Texas Conservative Review:

No Justice For Tom DeLay

By Brad Wright, Guest Columnist

The Republicans on the Third Court of Appeals are still running away from Tom DeLay's appeal. There are six judges on the Third Court of Appeals - two Democrats (Woody Jones and Diane Henson) and four Republicans (Bob Pemberton, Jeff Rose, David Puryear and Melissa Goodwin).

The original panel from the Third Court of Appeals was to be Woody Jones (D), Bob Pemberton® and Jeff Rose ®.

Bob Pemberton (a Perry appointee in 2003) immediately recused himself because his November opponent works in the Travis County DA's office - a completely questionable excuse to avoid Tom's case. Last week Pemberton's Democrat opponent took a leave of absence from the DA's office. Pemberton's lame excuse is apparently no longer valid.

Jeff Rose (a Perry appointee in 2010) was named to the panel and then said he didn't want to be on the panel.Scissors-32x32.png

Tom DeLay deserves better: The truth is he committed no crime and is the real victim here. Enough is enough.

TCR Comment: Tom DeLay has been punished enough for nothing. The criminalization of politics has got to stop. The Court of Appeals Judges need to grow a backbone, stand up and do what is right. Reverse and render.

@Draggingtree

criminalization of politics has got to stop.

I admit to not really following this, but I have to ask...Why should they stop? It's so much easier to demonize rather than debate. We need to be honest, it works. Way to many GOP pols would rather run away than stand up to the bullies, and for a good reason, do they get the kind of support they need to run again? Do we the grass roots storm the party headquarters (rhetorically..crash their E-mail, jam their phone lines, ask them hard pointed question when they speak publicly) and demand the powers that be man up? alas way to often me don't...and here I am the chief of sinners.