Indiana's Lugar loses, NC passes gay marriage ban

Valin

indianas_lugar_faces_tea_party_rival_in_primaryTownhall/AP:

5/8/12

Six-term Indiana Sen. Richard Lugar was routed by the right flank of his own Republican Party Tuesday night, and North Carolina voters decided overwhelmingly to strengthen their state's gay marriage ban _ a conservative show of enthusiasm and strength six months before the nation chooses between Democratic President Barack Obama and GOP foe Mitt Romney.

(Snip)

North Carolinians voted to amend their state constitution to define marriage as between one man and one woman, effectively outlawing gay unions.

(Snip)

In Wisconsin, voters were deciding whether to give Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett _ one of four Democrats on the ballot _ a rematch against Gov. Walker in the June 5 recall election or whether to back one of Barrett's fellow Democrats.

(Snip)

clearvision

I sure hope Mourdock can win the election now. It sure will set up alot of slamming if the Dem ends up winning.

I sure hope Mourdock can win the election now. It sure will set up alot of slamming if the Dem ends up winning.

One word...MONEY.

righteousmomma

Rush played an ad yesterday that was pretty hard to take.

The ad has a weak sounding old lady saying Murdock wants to take away Social Security yada.

Rush also said that if Luger lost the establishment Repubs would feel defeated. They do. They just don't get us anymore than the Demorats understand us.

This morning some Yahoo political expert writer was being interviewed on the Wall Street Journal radio program. Pre NC's voting results. He didn't get it either. According to him Gay Marriage Ban is going to be a losing proposition for Romney after he panders to the "Santorum supporters" enough to get their votes for himself. Etc etc etc

Rush played an ad yesterday that was pretty hard to take.

The ad has a weak sounding old lady saying Murdock wants to take away Social Security yada.

Rush also said that if Luger lost the establishment Repubs would feel defeated. They do. They just don't get us anymore than the Demorats understand us.

I don't think a lot of the powers that be really understand A. the Tea Party and that it is not just another interest group that will go along and get along. Lugers big problem (IMO) is he was in Washington for 35 years B. Is part of the problem, not by anything he really did, but by being there for so long viewed himself as indispensable. C. As time goes by the Tea Party will make mistakes, but a lot of these people are serious about returning power to the States.

This morning some Yahoo political expert writer was being interviewed on the Wall Street Journal radio program. Pre NC's voting results. He didn't get it either. According to him Gay Marriage Ban is going to be a losing proposition for Romney after he panders to the "Santorum supporters" enough to get their votes for himself. Etc etc etc

My problem with Gay Marriage is the Marriage part. For many of us Marriage means something different than what is covered by the laws and regulations. Call it something/anything else and a lot of these problems go awat.

Oh and tell theses people to tone it down. They do their movement no good.

• Like 1

logicnreason

A note on WI.....

Total votes cast on the right (for GOV) = 646,458

Total votes cast on the left (for GOV) = 670,278

Left had 23,820 more votes than the right.

Granted...it's only a primary. And Gov. Walker had no competition. And the left is "energized"....but still.

Seems like we may be in for a battle for the recall.

logicnreason

". . . Lugers big problem (IMO) is he was in Washington for 35 years. . . "

Luger was in WDC for 35 years because the good people of Indiana kept sending him back. It was their choice to do so. Apparently, during those 35 years, the good people of Indiana (or at least a majority of them) felt he was who they wanted to represent them.

Now, the good people of Indiana no longer wish to have luger as their representative.

Therefore, luger's term has been effectively ended (or "limited" if you prefer).

This is the constitutional form of term limits....it's called "voting". In luger's case, it just took awhile to be enforced. But enforced it was!

Buh-by luger!

Granted...it's only a primary. And Gov. Walker had no competition. And the left is "energized"....but still.

Seems like we may be in for a battle for the recall.

Two point...

A. In West Virgina a felon doing time in a federal prison garnered 40% (?) of the votes in the Presidential Primary.

B. The problem as I see it is the head of the ticket garners about as much enthusiasm from a large part of the base as a bowl of oatmeal.

What we are going to see in this campaign is not a race run on Ideas, but one run on...I'm not the other guy.

I have a new campaign Slogan for the Romney campaign

Romney Is Not Obama

Some people are calling him that, so might as well take advantage of it.

clearvision

Romney Is Not Obama

Excellent.

Romney Is Not Obama

Excellent.

Some one should post this at a certain right wing forum.

laugh.png

My problem with Gay Marriage is the Marriage part. For many of us Marriage means something different than what is covered by the laws and regulations. Call it something/anything else and a lot of these problems go awat.

@Valin... the Left's point is to insure that it's called "marriage".

That gives them a lot more leverage in the many ways that they want to twist this legally... But just as important, that want to push the "mainstreaming" and "promotion" of the gay lifestyle into our culture.

Like Rush says... "Words have meaning."

@Valin... the Left's point is to insure that it's called "marriage".

That gives them a lot more leverage in the many ways that they want to twist this legally... But just as important, that want to push the "mainstreaming" and "promotion" of the gay lifestyle into our culture.

Like Rush says... "Words have meaning."

Oh I see this a lot at CGP. Which leads me to believe this has very little to do with legal advantages of marriage, and a lot to do with everyone saying this is normal. When you point out that in the 5,000 years of human history no civilization or culture has ever said homosexual marriage should be held as equal to heterosexual marriage....it's like talking to a blank wall.

Draggingtree

http://theothermccai...ck-orrins-next/

Say Good-Bye, Dick; Orrin’s Next

Posted on | May 9, 2012 |

Sen. Dick Lugar lost the Indiana GOP primary to challenger Richard Mourdock and it wasn’t even close: 61% for Mourdock, 39% for Lugar. The response from Republican leadership? RINO-tastic:

Looking toward the November election, National Republican Senatorial Committee chairman Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said two weeks ago that “it will probably make it more of a contest if Sen. Lugar is not the nominee, but I’m confident we’ll hold the seat.”

In a statement Tuesday night once the outcome was clear, Cornyn said Mourdock “has the NRSC’s full support and we are committed to helping elect him as Indiana’s next U.S. Senator in November.”

The NRSC is a corrupt incumbent-protection racket, and they don’t know how to cope with conservative challengers. Speaking of which, Orrin Hatch has just agreed to one debate with his primary opponent Dan Liljenquist:

Sen. Orrin Hatch and former state Sen. Dan Liljenquist have agreed to one debate before the Republican primary election June 26.Scissors-32x32.png

“Why does Sen. Hatch feel he is entitled to run out the clock as he runs for his seventh term and simply refuse to debate?”