Wrong Branch In Elizabeth Warren's Family Tree

saveliberty

saveliberty

wrong-branch-in-elizabeth-warrens-family-tree.htmlJust One Minute:

May 08, 2012

Wrong Branch In Elizabeth Warren's Family Tree

Scissors-32x32.png

Ooops - a genealogist discovers that not only is Ms. Warren probably not descended from a Cherokee, she is descended from a man who helped round up the Cherokee. I guess that is why she skips the Harvard powwow.

Scott Brown is upping the ante by calling on Ms. Warren to release the relevant application records:

“Serious questions have been raised about the legitimacy of Elizabeth Warren's claims to Native American ancestry and whether it was appropriate for her to assume minority status as a college professor,” Brown said in a statement. “Her changing stories, contradictions and refusal to answer legitimate questions have cast doubt on her credibility and called into question the diversity practices at Harvard.”

saveliberty

Cruel irony in Elizabeth Warren’s Cherokee saga

comments.png

link.pngPosted by William A. Jacobson Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 12:35pm

Scissors-32x32.pngThroughout her career and political campaign, Elizabeth Warren has found victims everywhere she looked, including when she looked in the mirror and saw an alleged descendant of one of the most historically victimized groups, Native Americans.

In what may be the ultimate and cruelest irony, not only is it unlikely that Elizabeth Warren’s great-great-great grandmother was Cherokee, it turns out that Warren’s great-great-great grandfather was a member of a militia unit which participated in the round-up of the Cherokees in the prelude to the Trail of Tears.

Edited by saveliberty

saveliberty

Report: Elizabeth Warren’s ancestor may have …

rounded up Cherokee for Trail of Tears

posted at 4:01 pm on May 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

Scissors-32x32.png

Out: Elizabeth Warren, Native American. In: Elizabeth Warren, Jacksonian Democrat.

Man, in hindsight it’s a good thing she didn’t attend the annual Harvard Powwow yesterday after all, huh? Awwwk-ward.

As I pointed out in my article here on Sunday, no evidence supports this claim [that her great-great-great grandmother was Cherokee]. O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford had no Cherokee heritage, was listed as “white” in the Census of 1860, and was most likely half Swedish and half English, Scottish, or German, or some combination thereof. (Note, the actual 1894 marriage license makes no claim of Cherokee ancestry.)

But the most stunning discovery about the life of O.C. Sarah Smith Crawford is that her husband, Ms. Warren’s great-great-great grandfather, was apparently a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes in the Southeastern United States and herded them into government-built stockades in what was then called Ross’s Landing (now Chattanooga), Tennessee—the point of origin for the horrific Trail of Tears, which began in January, 1837.
Edited by saveliberty

pollyannaish

I find it thoroughly disgusting that liberals steal the victim mantle from people who truly were for their own benefit. And then accuse everyone else of doing the victimizing.

pollyannaish

@pollyannaish, I think that Democrats are embarrassed by her. That's a sign of maturity.

That is a great sign. There's hope for us yet!

@pollyannaish, I think that Democrats are embarrassed by her. That's a sign of maturity.

That is a great sign. There's hope for us yet!

I didn't know Democrats could be embarrassed, probably just mad that she got caught.