Are You Better Off Now Than You Were Four Years Ago?

Draggingtree

pollyannaish

Not just no. HELL NO.

And that holds true for many of the people I know.

• Like 3

pollyannaish

I should add, that his back up argument is that we are headed in the right direction. I'd just like to point out that for me and my family, that has declined significantly in the past four years. If we keep headed this direction, we'll be living under a bridge somewhere!

I'm surprised that so much of the conservative response to Obama's performance is anecdotal, single thread, and in fleeting conversational articles.

I would like to see some numbers reported in a consistent format hitting ads in the mass media on an ongoing basis.

Numbers that tell the whole story about the true unemployment and decrease in numbers in the workforce over the last five years... the numbers that are underemployed... the numbers in public versus private sector jobs... the average benefits of the average federal workers... the other factor that make a true Obama Misery index.

Maybe that's just me though...

• Like 2

pollyannaish

@NCTexan, those kinds of ads are starting to run here in Washington State, which surprised me because we usually don't get much until late into the election cycle.

I will watch to see who is running them, but they are great ads. I suspect we'll start to see more. In addition, I think that Mitt's team is now retooling and we'll see them out there in the media doing just this in about four weeks. They don't want to hit this too specifically too early, or they will be unable to walk things back if the numbers change. In politics, I don't think you wan't beat your biggest drum too loud too soon or people start tuning you out.

• Like 1

@NCTexan, those kinds of ads are starting to run here in Washington State, which surprised me because we usually don't get much until late into the election cycle.

I will watch to see who is running them, but they are great ads. I suspect we'll start to see more. In addition, I think that Mitt's team is now retooling and we'll see them out there in the media doing just this in about four weeks. They don't want to hit this too specifically too early, or they will be unable to walk things back if the numbers change. In politics, I don't think you wan't beat your biggest drum too loud too soon or people start tuning you out.

@pollyannaish

Once again the Great Rushbaugh is channeling me or vice versa.

Right after I posted this I turned on the radio. Rush was making the point about getting up under the numbers and not letting the Left get away with their math games and half truths.

Or maybe I am just a mind numbed Rush robot with a crystal diode tuned to 106.1 implanted in my brain. tongue.png

Number of PhDs receiving federal aid more than tripled from 2007 to 2010

According to The Chronicle of Higher Education, between 2007 and 2010, the percentage of people with a graduate degree who were on food stamps or were receiving another kind of federal aid more than doubled, reaching 360,000.

In 2007, 9,776 people with PhD’s were receiving some kind of aid. In 2010, that number had more than tripled to 33,655. For people with master’s degrees, the number spiked from 101,683 to 293,029. Austin Nichols of the Urban Institute crunched those numbers for The Chronicle using census data.

Scissors-32x32.png

logicnreason

Am I better off now (2012) than I was four years ago???

Well....let's see.

4 years ago, I had a full time professional job. I was then "laid off", drew unemployment for about 20 weeks; took two part time jobs to keep some sort of income coming in; spent a good bit of my "retirement" income to keep family heads above water (this coupled with the depression within the stock market cause a 29% decrease in retirement funds), and got four years older.

Other than that last part (the bit about getting older) I would have to say NO!!!

This time around....I'm really hoping for a change!!!!

(Get it?? Hope?? Change?? "Hopey-Changey"??) biggrin.png

May the stain besmirching the office of president be eradicated IMMEDIATELY - legally, of course.

• Like 2