Mitt Romney issues Ohio challenge to President Obama

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

mitt_romney_issues_ohio_challe.htmcleveland.com:

Mitt Romney issues Ohio challenge to President Obama

Published: Friday, May 04, 2012, 4:00 AM

By Plain Dealer guest columnistThe Plain Dealer

Dear Mr. President,

Welcome to Ohio. I have a simple question for you: Where are the jobs?

As we enter the fourth year of your term, unemployment is over 8 percent and has been for your entire term. Nearly 23 million men and women are unemployed, underemployed or are no longer even looking for work. In the face of such challenges, many Americans have simply given up hope.

I recognize, of course, as do all Americans, that you inherited an economic crisis. But you've now had three years to turn things around. The record of those three years is clear. Your policies have failed, not only in Ohio, but across the nation.

The results are a continuing tragedy for millions upon millions of people. Everywhere I go, I meet Americans who are tired of being tired, and many of those who are fortunate enough to have a job are working harder for less. This is not the way it is supposed to be in America. This is not the way it needs to be.

Mr. President, forgive me for being blunt, but when it comes to economic affairs, you're out of your depth. Unlike you, I am not a career politician. Unlike you, I've spent more than two decades working in the private sector Scissors-32x32.png Read More

http://www.cleveland.com/opinion/index.ssf/2012/05/mitt_romney_issues_ohio_challe.htm