President Obama Is No Transcender—He's The Divider In Chief

Geee

obama-creates-fear-stirs-resentment.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Poor Solicitor General Donald Verrilli. Once again he's been pilloried for fumbling a historic Supreme Court case. First shredded for his "train wreck" defense of ObamaCare's individual mandate, he is now blamed for the defenestration in oral argument of Obama's challenge to the Arizona immigration law.

The law allows police to check the immigration status of someone stopped for other reasons. Verrilli claimed that constitutes an intrusion on the federal monopoly on immigration enforcement. He was pummeled. Why shouldn't a state help the federal government enforce the law?

"You can see it's not selling very well," said Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

But Verrilli never had a chance. This was never a serious legal challenge in the first place. It was confected (and timed) purely for political effect, to highlight immigration as a campaign issue with which to portray Republicans as anti-Hispanic.

Hispanics are just the beginning, however. The entire Obama campaign is a slice-and-dice operation, pandering to one group after another, particularly those that elected Obama in 2008 — blacks, Hispanics, women, young people — and for whom the thrill is now gone.

What to do? Try fear. Create division, stir resentment, by whatever means necessary — bogus court challenges, dead-end Senate bills and a forest of straw men.

Why else would the Justice Department challenge the Texas photo ID law? To charge the GOP with seeking to disenfranchise Hispanics and blacks, of course. But in 2008 the Supreme Court upheld a similar Indiana law. It wasn't close: 6-3, the majority including venerated liberal John Paul Stevens.

Moreover, photo IDs were recommended by the 2005 Commission on Federal Election Reform, co-chaired by Jimmy Carter. And you surely can't get into the attorney general's building without one. Are Stevens, Carter and Eric Holder anti-Hispanic and anti-black?

Scissors-32x32.png

Posted this in the Coffee Shop, but appropriate here...

Go to http://www.barackoba...m/life-of-julia site and mouse over GROUPS. Look at the selections. We're not all Americans living by a constitution... We're targeted groups told what will be done for us if we vote for Him. I didn't see "fat white guys" under GROUPS, so I guess he doesn't want my vote.

I find it stunning (but not surprising) that Obama's official site actually panders to specific groups of people, excluding others.

P.S. Watch the "Life of Julia" slideshow if you want your blood pressure to rise.