Obama Abuses Bravery Of Others For Political Gain

Geee

obama-is-wrong-to-use-others-bravery-for-political-gain.htmInvestors Business Daily:

Leadership: If President Obama isn't careful, he might get injured slapping himself on the back for killing Osama bin Laden. Spiking the football in such an obviously political way is conduct unbecoming of a commander in chief.

gjaclThe recent unseemly comments by Obama and his attempt to turn a successful military operation into a campaign stunt show a sad political desperation by our nation's leader.

It's bad enough Obama takes credit for the Navy SEALs' achievement. But this time an Obama campaign video, "One Chance," suggests Mitt Romney wouldn't be man enough to do what Obama did.

Or as the video asks, "Which path would Mitt Romney have taken?" As if there was really any question.

Romney responded to the political cheap shot by urging Obama not to let the killing of bin Laden become a "politically divisive event" — sensible, mature advice.

For the record, IBD strongly supported the operation to take out bin Laden. And we gave the president kudos at the time for letting the operation go forward.

But we're troubled as we mark the first anniversary of SEAL Team 6's successful raid against the world's most infamous terrorist. We should be solemnly remembering bin Laden's thousands of victims — and showing gratitude to the American men and women still fighting in the Mideast to protect us from future terrorist atrocities — not listening to a president's juvenile gloating.

Instead, Obama and his Democratic supporters are taking yet another public victory lap, claiming credit for something the U.S. Navy accomplished.Scissors-32x32.png

Obama Campaigns From Kabul: ‘The Tide Has Turned’

(CNSNews.com) – Campaigning from Kabul, President Obama early Wednesday ticked off the foreign policy achievements that he hopes will give him a second term – an end to the war in Iraq, the phased withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan, and the killing of Osama bin Laden.

In an 11-minute pre-dawn speech at the Bagram air base, timed for Tuesday’s prime-time viewing at home, Obama took credit for what he characterized as a significantly improved situation in Afghanistan since he took office.

“Over the last three years, the tide has turned,” he said. “We broke the Taliban’s momentum. We’ve built strong Afghan security forces. We devastated al-Qaeda’s leadership, taking out over 20 of their top 30 leaders. And one year ago, from a base here in Afghanistan, our troops launched the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. The goal that I set – to defeat al-Qaeda and deny it a chance to rebuild – is now within our reach.”“My fellow Americans,” the president said later during the speech, “We’ve travelled through more than a decade under the dark cloud of war. Yet here, in the pre-dawn darkness of Afghanistan, we can see the light of a new day on the horizon. The Iraq war is over. The number of our troops in harm’s way has been cut in half, and more will soon be coming home. We have a clear path to fulfill our mission in Afghanistan, while delivering justice to al-Qaeda.”

Shrouded in secrecy until after he landed, Obama’s visit to the Afghan capital was built around a midnight signing, with President Hamid Karzai, of a painstakingly-negotiated strategic partnership agreement laying out a framework for the bilateral relationship in the coming years.Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-campaigns-kabul-tide-has-turned

Hours before hostilities resume, Obama frames Afghan withdrawal as victory

White House officials are using optimistic and assertive language to frame their unconditional withdrawal from the Afghanistan war as a positive achievement, amid a continued offensive by the Taliban and their ideological soulmates in al-Qaida.

“At the end of 2014, the Afghans will be fully responsible for the security of their country” once 88,000 U.S. combat forces return home from the war-torn country, President Barack Obama said in a May 1 prime-time speech from Bagram air base in Afghanistan.

“We must finish the job we started in Afghanistan, and end this war responsibly,” Obama said, even though the U.S. withdrawal will help al-Qaida and the Taliban continue attacking Afghan government and villages.

The statements came as Obama signed a deal with the Afghan government that calls for the withdrawal of nearly all U.S. forces by 2014, in exchange for a still-unclear promise of future aid.

The administration’s positive portrayal of that result helps Obama downplay any suggestion that his policy will cause a Vietnam-like military defeat, and will likely boost his poll numbers among Americans as the November election nears.

Yet only hours after Obama left Kabul, a Taliban-led suicide car bomb attack in the eastern part of the city killed at least six people including five civilians. Kabul’s police chief told Reuters that the bomb targeted a housing complex popular with Westerners.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/02/hours-before-hostilities-resume-obama-frames-afghan-withdrawal-as-victory/

Spiking the Bin Laden Football

In May 2011, when asked by CBS News about why he would not release photos of the killing of Osama bin Laden, President Obama said, "We don't need to spike the football."

How much things have changed fin a year.

As we've approached Wednesday's third anniversary of that happy moment when the mass murderer was lobotomized by a Navy SEAL's bullet, bin Laden-related chest thumping has become the administration's campaign tactic-of-the-week.

At the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on Saturday night, Barack Obama touted that "last year at this time -- in fact, on this very weekend -- we finally delivered justice to one of the world's most notorious individuals."

Even Hillary Clinton has been waxing nostalgic about the bin Laden raid, evoking images of sleep-deprived heroes (such as herself) being revived by crowds cheering outside the White House gates following news of the terrorist's death.

In a new web ad called "One Chance," former President Bill Clinton -- oddly chummy with Obama of late -- says that Obama "took the harder and the more honorable path" by ordering the raid on bin Laden's Pakistan compound. The ad goes on to quote Mitt Romney's 2007 comment that "It's not worth moving heaven and earth, spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person," implying that a President Romney might not have ordered the assault on bin Laden given the same information that Obama had. It is a reprehensible -- and literally incredible -- assertion.

Not surprisingly, the Obama ad does not mention Romney's clarification a few weeks later: his point was that bin Laden would be replaced and that killing him would not mean the end of al Qaeda. During a 2007 debate, Romney made his view on bin Laden crystal clear: "We'll move everything to get him. But I don't want to buy into the Democratic pitch that this is all about one person. Because after we get him, there's going to be another and another.… It's more than Osama bin Laden. But he is going to pay, and he will die."Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/archives/2012/05/02/spiking-the-bin-laden-football

I've thought about this post and I have come to the sad conclusion that this was a racist/sexist/homophobic post. All the people in the post....White Heterosexual Males. Not that that there is any excuse for my overt racism/sexism/homophobism, but I am going to search the web for some comments on this subject by an elderly wheelchair bound minority Islamic gay left handed albino female.

I just hope people here can find it in their hearts to forgive me, and with your help I will try to do better in the future.

I've thought about this post and I have come to the sad conclusion that this was a racist/sexist/homophobic post. All the people in the post....White Heterosexual Males. Not that that there is any excuse for my overt racism/sexism/homophobism, but I am going to search the web for some comments on this subject by an elderly wheelchair bound minority Islamic gay left handed albino female.

I just hope people here can find it in their hearts to forgive me, and with your help I will try to do better in the future.

LMFAO.gif I'm sorry that except for being elderly I don't fit the description of the person you are looking for.

@nickydog

There is a movie titled You're a Big Boy Now from the mid 60's, "Barbara Darling" goes to bed with Kurt Dougherty who is "A left handed albino hypnotherapist with a wooden leg". The movie is not all the great other than that line and the title song

Draggingtree

Flopping Aces

Obama Plays ‘The Politics Of Fear’ [Reader Post]

By: Warren Beatty

NO! It can’t be! President Barack Hussein Obama playing politics with Osama bin Laden’s death?

At the ABC News web site, “The Note,” Michael Falcone wrote, “But four years ago this April, the Obama campaign criticized Democratic rival Hillary Clinton for using Osama bin Laden in a political ad.” “The Obama campaign spokesman, Bill Burton, accused the Clinton team of playing ‘the politics of fear’ just like George W. Bush.” Can anyone say, “Hypocrisy?”

All you Obama Kool-Aid drinkers will want to watch this video that features the very objective Bill Clinton who turned down numerous chances to capture or kill bin Laden that were handed to him. Isn’t it ironic that the Obama campaign staff chose Clinton for this video? That is the same Clinton who, when he appeared on “Fox News Sunday” September 24, 2006, got into a rather animated discussion with host Chris Wallace. And that is the same Clinton that was defended by “Netroots,” a liberal web site that declared the ABC docudrama “The Path To 9/11″ as “a piece of fiction,” and that ABC’s airing it represents “gross negligence” since it didn’t cast its hero, Bill Clinton, in a very favorable light. There was, however, one small problem. None of the “Netroots” writers had seen the docudrama before writing about it. Further, Markos Moulitsas at “The Daily Kos,” posted an article entitled “ABC’s Work of Fiction” In it he wrote, “ABC’s piece of fiction, written by Rush Limbaugh’s personal friend and marketed heavily in wingnut circles, bills itself as ‘objective’ and a ‘docudrama’.” Scissors-32x32.png

Read More

http://floppingaces.net/2012/05/01/obama-plays-the-politics-of-fear-reader-post/