MORE BLOWBACK AGAINST OUR WHINEY, IMMODEST, AND SHAMELESSLY SELF-PROMOTING PRESIDENT

Geee

more-blowback-against-our-whiney-immodest-and-shamelessly-self-promoting-president.phpPowerline:

The blowback continues from President Obama’s overreaching attempt to turn the killing of Osama bin Laden into a weapon with which directly to attack Mitt Romney. First, some Navy SEALS, the outfit whose members risked their lives to kill bin Laden, took exception. Then, a key operative at the CIA, who helped secure intelligence that led us to bin Laden using practices opposed by Obama, balked.

Now former Attorney General Michael Mukasey has weighed in. Mukasey makes three important points. First, although Obama approved the killing of bin Laden, he attempted before hand to cover his rear end to an unseemly degree:

A recently disclosed memorandum from then-CIA Director Leon Panetta shows that the president’s celebrated derring-do in authorizing the operation included a responsibility-escape clause: “The timing, operational decision making and control are in Admiral McRaven’s hands. The approval is provided on the risk profile presented to the President. Any additional risks are to be brought back to the President for his consideration. The direction is to go in and get bin Laden and if he is not there, to get out.” Which is to say, if the mission went wrong, the fault would be Adm. McRaven’s, not the president’s.

Second, Obama seemed to put his desire to gloat ahead of the nation’s intelligence needs. Immediately after the event, Obama publicly stated that a valuable trove of intelligence had been seized, including even the location of al Qaeda safe-houses. According to Mukasey, “that disclosure infuriated the intelligence community because it squandered the opportunity to exploit the intelligence that was the subject of the boast.”

Third, Obama’s self-congratulation over this affair is unpresidential – it represents a radical departure from the self-effacing approach of past presidents who, unlike Obama, knew how to behave with class and dignity. Mukasey points to Abraham Lincoln. “On the night after Gen. Robert E. Lee’s surrender ended the Civil War, [Lincoln] delivered from the window of the White House a speech that mentioned his own achievements not at all, but instead looked forward to the difficulties of reconstruction and called for black suffrage. . . .”Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

For those who read the WHI at Ulstermann Report...

I don’t have time to answer all your questions. Will just focus on the matter at hand and that is the president’s trip to Afghanistan. What everyone is now calling the “spiking of the football”. You ask me if that is an accurate description. Hell yes that’s an accurate description. That is exactly what he is doing and it’s been in the works for quite some time. The irony is he’s such a pansy ass little -expletive- he wouldn’t know the first thing about playing football now would he?

And he’s gonna spike that football right into the faces of the military who actually carried out the mission that was developed by Panetta and others without the direct knowledge of this -expletive- absentee president.

What you’re gonna likely see coming out of the mouths of the media elites who support the president is the explanation of the trip along the lines of Obama being invited by Karzai. NOT TRUE.

The administration reached out to the Karzai people at least 3 months ago on this to inform them the president would be coming to mark the Bin Laden anniversary. The little agreement pact or whatever they are calling it is a political ruse. Typical stuff. This administration isn’t too good at keeping their mouths shut about it though.

Scissors-32x32.png

@Rheo

I was watching some Sopranos today, reading Ulstermann Report I keep hearing the voice of Paulie Walnuts! LMFAO.gif

• Like 1

"The progress made in the last three years," implying no progress was made before his election.

"The progress made in the last three years," implying no progress was made before his election.

When I heard that line I quit listening to him. What a piece of work he is. I can't wait to see who he blames for losing the election. Bush??

I told the troops I could not be prouder of them.

Isn't it more proud?

With this guy, just be happy it was in English. He could have said it more better, but........

I told the troops I could not be prouder of them.

Isn't it more proud?

With this guy, just be happy it was in English. He could have said it more better, but........

Ha. True that.

clearvision

I missed that one, and even if it gets me banned.... Mr. Obama... th_smiley-fuckyou2.gif

• Like 1

clearvision

OK so lots of questions on the web about whether he had greenscreen humvees behind him. It sure looked like a very sharp contrast cutoff between him and the background.

EVERBODY know's I'm making out w/Rheo.

Right.

To: Mozilla; RedMDer; DJ MacWoW; TheOldLady; trisham; The Cajun; CatherineofAragon; mojitojoe; ...

Keep praying for Divine Intervention.

The convention remains months away.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is set in cement.

Put your trust in Him.

In the interim, and no matter what happens, we have to put our energies into the races across our nation, in our own districts, state houses, and in the U.S. House and Congress to elect as many TEA Party patriots as we possibly can.

Nobody ever promised us a Rose Garden or “The Rose Garden in the White House,” but by God, let’s listen to our better Angels!

FREEDOM AND LIBERTY ARE NOT FREE AND DON’T COME CHEAP.

Do right by yourself, your country, but pray first and above and before every action you take.

May God help us save our Republic!