Watch Jimmy Kimmel’s full comedy performance at White House Correspondents Dinner

Valin

watch-jimmy-kimmels-full-comedy-performance-at-white-house-correspondents-dinnerThe Right Scoop: There were some great jokes and some not-so great jokes, and a couple that just fell flat. And for as much as he chided Republicans and even Rush Limbaugh, I have to give Kimmel some credit for making a Fast and Furious joke aimed at the president. That rarely comes up these days in the White House. In fact there for a while he was pretty brutal to Obama and I didn’t really see Obama laughing as much this year as he has in past years.

(Click On Link)

Ricochet: Take the Correspondents' Dinner...Please!

Pat Sajak

2/29/12

I write this with some hesitation, because it might merely confirm the notion that I am fast becoming a crotchety old man, but here goes: it’s time to get rid of the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner. In the old days—pre-YouTube and Twitter—the dinner was a more-or-less private affair. There would be some quotes in the papers afterwards, but that was about it. Now it’s streamed live and can be watched on tape by millions, and it’s begun to have the feel of one of those interminable Hollywood awards shows. The jokes are dissected not only for humor content, but for balance and hidden meanings. Presidents are criticized for being insensitive to real problems, while emcees are damned or praised, usually depending on the political leanings of the listener. The targets of the barbs are expected to smile good-naturedly while everyone else is squirming in their seats, trying to pretend the whole evening isn’t more than a bit unseemly. I’ve been to a few of these events, and my squirming became so severe that I stopped attending.

(Snip)

• Like 1